advertisement

System pics 2024

RNI-Films-IMG-A3-AC2-EC2-9624-4-F96-ABF8-7-C8-AA7-F687-DF.jpg

Trying out the Larsen 6.2’s
Well, your feline critic is clearly smart enough to know it's perfectly fine to listen well off-centre. Probably thinking the cable dressing needs a bit of work though...

@ Mark King (sorry didn't quote your post):

actually a mid-range Roland kit from the year 2000 🤔 (£1000 + irrc - and I certainly shouldn't have been spending that on one at the time!).
Having said that - not the original bass 'drum' (the roland one looked like an enlarged door-stop, and didn't seem to have the right 'feel', accordingly) and that bit was from a no-name cheapy kit.

onboard sounds not great irrc, but I used it for recording midi parts (do musos still use midi ... and soundfonts (the poorman's samples) ?!).
Got it out of the lean-to to see if it still works, and bung it on Gumtree accordingly.

Last edited:
We are all proud of of systems, which range from the very basic to the stuff of dreams. Irrespective of the kit in our photos, I believe it is basic human decency to respect what others have. Sure, we might not like it, and if we don’t want to write a positive comment then it is best to say nothing at all.

You have totally dismissed someone’s system because it doesn’t meet your tastes.

It’s not what this forum (or thread) is about.

We are all proud of of systems, which range from the very basic to the stuff of dreams. Irrespective of the kit in our photos, I believe it is basic human decency to respect what others have. Sure, we might not like it, and if we don’t want to write a positive comment then it is best to say nothing at all.

You have totally dismissed someone’s system because it doesn’t meet your tastes.

It’s not what this forum (or thread) is about.

You would appear to be shooting from the hip without paying careful attention to what was actually said.

It's a common problem on Internet fora.

A bit messy as not long finished fitting new 401 plinth + some shelves.
That has to be the most aesthetically different plinth I've seen; did you craft it, John? Looks as though it's been designed to take a 12" arm but not sure. Bit tricky to accommodate a cover ? :D

You would appear to be shooting from the hip without paying careful attention to what was actually said.

It's a common problem on Internet fora.

Do you mind just taking your discussion into personal messages as i'm not sure it's adding anything to this thread? I know, posting this here is sort of adding to the noise, but I was hoping it would die out by itself, but you both seem to want the last word.

That plinth is unconventional og look great, @Lurch. An interesting choice.

I agree, it's quite different. I see the edges are joinery, with an inset top, and the 401 is mounted to be flush with the top, so that's quite a departure, even before I think about the shape! I guess that's the old plinth bottom left in the photo?

advertisement

Back