advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a lovely compact and 'clean looking' system, love the unit you're housing it in - I think my other half might allow me something lke that, what is it?

Shame about the rug :(
Ta,it's only a cheap TV stand but was the basis for getting a system in the LR approved by The Management. https://www.wayfair.co.uk/furniture/pdp/george-oliver-kelsey-tv-stand-for-tvs-up-to-85-gcry1046.html. I shopped around as a few of the cheapo online oak furniture sellers had the range. Good luck

Managed to source a pair of ATC SCM10s, so after a trip to the seaside, the S3/5Rs are with their new home and bought these little beasts back with me!

Really like meeting up with an old friend after a few years, just superb speakers even when used in sub-optimal conditions.*

*I have some Acoustifeet arriving to isolate them a bit from the Ikea unit.

ATC SCM10
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

nice. What do they do so well that you keep going back to them?

nice. What do they do so well that you keep going back to them?

It's difficult to describe, they sound the same at low volumes and at high(er) volumes too. Great dispersion/soundstage and really good bass in terms of speed and accuracy.

They are very inefficient, and won't do sub bass but in real world rooms, I've only had the KEF 201/2 which were better, but a Lot more expensive.

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Post Your System Pictures With Your Room Lights off thread or here (since the lights were off) but settled on here. Since I last posted my Epos ES11s are gone (never really got along well with them) and have been replaced with new (to me) B&W 683s2s. They're fairly efficient (90db) so the Rega Brio-R is probably fine, though I'm still getting used to the new setup. That hasn't stopped me from considering starting a DiyAudio First Watt 25w class A project (F5, F6, M2-X, Aleph J)!

49561941077_efe02b8e75_c.jpg

I do kind of miss the way the Epos ES11s looked with their stands. The B&Ws are a bit like having 1/4 scale monoliths from 2001 in the living room.

It certainly looks very neat and tidy, but surely those speakers boom like hell right up in the corners like that!
Fortunately this isn't our long term home -- it's a small apartment we're renting in Valencia. When we settle down again somewhere I'm sure the space will be more ideal. In the mean time it's sounding pretty good at low-moderate listening levels.

Fortunately this isn't our long term home -- it's a small apartment we're renting in Valencia. When we settle down again somewhere I'm sure the space will be more ideal. In the mean time it's sounding pretty good at low-moderate listening levels.

Ah, I see - it does look cool though (and Valencia is very nice too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back