advertisement

System pics 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a nutshell how do the 2905's compare to the 989's ? the 2905's have the massively reinforced frame and mil-spec components in the PCB's.

Not sure what differences the question was aimed at, but I'd be interested in the sonic differences, assuming the same amplification and ancillaries were used for both 989s and 2905s

6 bottles of Ardbeg which is the one in the black box ?

I finished off the bottle of 1977 in my local some years back........

The black box is Dark Cove - much rarer nowadays. I’m collecting a bottle of Ardbeg when on my UK visit, impossible to source over here in Australia for an even half sensible price...

Re the Ardbeg ‘77, how was it? I’d love to give it a go! One of the prides of my collection is a bottle of Glenfarclas ‘77 (family casks edition); a special occasion opening for sure.

my minimalistic setup, Genelec 8351, Matrix X-sabre Pro, Nuc with Roon

24201972.jpg

@dr.sah , looks very cool. Out of interest have you tried separating the power and signal cables to the Genelecs to see if it makes an audible difference?

I have never been able to work out how to share a link, so here’s my set up on Instagram!

Harbeth shared one of my posts today, it’s good to see the old system in the bright lights!

Hi novak,

Enjoyed the photos. How is the Oscar sofa for lounging?

Cheers,
OW

Yeah the 220 Pro went recently (for reasons best mentioned in a PM... basically it has gone back to Devialet, and won't be returning)

The DNA 1 is in a totally different league. Makes the 220 sound broken, which it truly was... ;)

My new speakers should be ready in a few weeks too.!

Hi novak,

Enjoyed the photos. How is the Oscar sofa for lounging?

Cheers,
OW
Hi, it’s very comfy although it’s quite low down, I could do with some slightly shorter speaker stands now! I have the Larcs in the main system at the moment so that works really well.

Yeah the 220 Pro went recently (for reasons best mentioned in a PM... basically it has gone back to Devialet, and won't be returning)

The DNA 1 is in a totally different league. Makes the 220 sound broken, which it truly was... ;)

My new speakers should be ready in a few weeks too.!

What are the speakers in the photos? They look a nice size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back