advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ that's a nice looking room, but could be quite tricky from a sonic perspective. Good luck with the tweaking!

Thanks, it's still a work in progress (decorative wise :) )

Sonic wise, it is a challenge and it will require some effort to obtain optimal performance, but for now I am happy.I think the furniture and the shelfs helped a lot with a few bass peaks that I had at the listening position and in general the echo/ambiance in the room feels much better.

I have an Umik1 prepared for measurements and I will seek the Great wisdom of PFM members very soon :)

Fun times ahead...

Ooh, that's a gauntlet for Gromit right there :)

:D

Gotta admit, Yuri's photos are stunning - I often have a quick peek at the system pics thread to see if he's added any more fabulous images. Truly wonderful stuff. :)

I'd do some of my system but...

a. Nothing's changed
b. Some folks don't like photos of 'another bloody LP12' ;)

Thanks, friends, it's nice to hear that someone appreciates your photos more than I do myself. :)

Although I have an advantage: the constant rotation of the equipment at home. For example, now I'm testing a new ultra-expensive Russian DAC, which exists in a single copy by now (but it will be in a mass production soon). This is a device from the dCS league, and I hope that I will soon be able to present you it's photos.

Yuri, perhaps you've explained this before, but how do you get your hands on all these lovely bits of kit?

Yuri, perhaps you've explained this before, but how do you get your hands on all these lovely bits of kit?

I'm an amateur reviewer, but somehow got some fame, so now I work with online publications, distributors and even manufacturers, and sometimes people send me their equipment.

:)

Managed to leave London before Brexit descends and settled with family amidst the Rhine-side greenery of Bonn.
its a beautiful place and the cleanest air I've breathed in a while. Family loves it.

Life feels simpler and cleaner. The living room which doubles as my listening room is a lot more 'minimalist' and despite the lack of curtains and rugs, sounds pretty nice.

My system is largely the same - Shahinian Obelisks + Pllinius power amp + vintage CJ pre amp + MacMin/Sonos

Some changes:
- Got a german TT to play with - Scheu Diamond. Nice sounding deck - more neutral sounding compared to my 401 set up but very detailed and punchy
- Auralic Vega. Very pleasantly surprised by just how good this is. As analogue sounding as the Metrum and Audio synthesis DACs but with great resolution

37285254735_02852e671a_c.jpg
[/url]FullSizeRender 15 by Debanjan Banerjee, on Flickr[/IMG]

36470608003_25eb0a7ab9_c.jpg
[/url]FullSizeRender 16 by Debanjan Banerjee, on Flickr[/IMG]

36470607183_ca35be1fd5_c.jpg
[/url]FullSizeRender 18 by Debanjan Banerjee, on Flickr[/IMG]

37285253365_897e17d083_c.jpg
[/url]FullSizeRender 19 by Debanjan Banerjee, on Flickr[/IMG]

Managed to leave London before Brexit descends and settled with family amidst the Rhine-side greenery of Bonn.
its a beautiful place and the cleanest air I've breathed in a while. Family loves it.

Love that area, the Kolsch is certainly an added bonus ;)

Off to to visit friends in Dusseldorf next year so will have to settle for Altbier instead.

Life feels simpler and cleaner. The living room which doubles as my listening room is a lot more 'minimalist' and despite the lack of curtains and rugs, sounds pretty nice.

Looks like a really nice space. Good luck for you all in your new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back