advertisement

Swagman 24v Rega power supply any experiences

Mowgli

Pussy Lover
Hello,

Does anyone have experience of the Swagman 24v power supply?
I'm considering using one to power a TT-PSU instead of the standard wall wart, but wondering if the benefits will justify the outlay.

Kind regards
Alun

I use one on my RP-6, can't say I really noticed a difference but wasn't really listening hard to find one. More so wanted to get the last wall wart out of the system & the Swagman supply seemed like not a bad bargain. Build quality seemed rather good vs the cost.

I'm also interested in upgrading my power to my TT-PSU and RP8. Did you guys buy the Swagman in the UK / Europe?

I bought mine direct from his site as well. Think it maybe took 2 or 3 days to ship & time in transit was only a couple days & I'm located in Canada, so shipping was both reasonable & quick.

In have their MDAC PSU, and it seems to be well made and good value. I did look at DIY, but it just wasn't worth it at this price vs quality.

I use it for the tt-psu and think it makes a difference. Also I'd second the build quality being extremely good for the price.

Did any of you choose the signature version ?
Yes, I got the signature version. I can't compare it to the non-signature version, but as I mentioned, it made a noticeable improvement to my RP8. I don't know how much it contributed, but my RP8 sounded better than my LP12/Keel/Radikal Ekos SE and AMG Viella, so it is obviously doing something right.

Well, I doubt it is doing a TAPS type thing, and it's outputting an AC signal...so... Not everyone is into DIY :)

Yes, I got the signature version. I can't compare it to the non-signature version, but as I mentioned, it made a noticeable improvement to my RP8. I don't know how much it contributed, but my RP8 sounded better than my LP12/Keel/Radikal Ekos SE and AMG Viella, so it is obviously doing something right.

Thanks Ross
Normally I am not keen on third party "upgrades" but rather upgrade decks inside Rega hiearchy.
I intend to hold on to my new Planar 3 and wait for the new 6 before deciding for this or an 8.
The Planar 3 could then go into office setup.

This PSU option however is considered seriously at around $110 it seem to be good investment for my ttpsu

Wondered how much more expensive the Signature version is, I could offcourse ask for a quote by Swagman but if you remember roughly what you paid ?
Feel free to PM me if thats better.

Cheers

advertisement

Back