advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

I do not think that this has cropped up before?

Captain James T. Kirk’s sideburns. ( and Spock etc.)

Every now and again I go Kirk.

f91c330df0802526619ad89765f7c627.jpg

makes me feel modern.

Agreed, discovery isn’t crap cos it’s woke, it’s crap because it’s crap. Whiney bleating characters who are always miserable. Endless stories of suffering, sadness, loss and betrayal. There’s nothing even slightly utopian about discovery’s universe.
To be fair TNG did have Wesley Crusher. ugh.

The Utopia is that you can love who you want to, and its an old trek trope, but if you strive and believe you can achieve. Even in a utopian future you will get the naysayers and you will have to defend that utopian way of life. Hence the trouble and strife and ensuing lazer blasts.

Well, I haven’t heard any official announcement that it’s been renewed and it’s been a while now. They really upped the ante with season 3 but I read that fairly low audience numbers made the increased budget hard to justify.

As a fan of sci-fi I hate seeing the cancellation of various series’ (such as The Expanse). People seem to prefer watching Love Island…
The Expanse isn't exactly cancelled. The books take a 30-year break at this point before the story continues. You could come back up to ten years from now with the same cast and it would work out fine.

As I recall, SciFi Network cancelled The Expanse after the third series, but Jeff Bezos personally picked up series 4, 5 and 6 for Amazon because he was a big fan of the books, so viewing numbers can't be too much of an factor...

The Expanse isn't exactly cancelled. The books take a 30-year break at this point before the story continues. You could come back up to ten years from now with the same cast and it would work out fine.

As I recall, SciFi Network cancelled The Expanse after the third series, but Jeff Bezos personally picked up series 4, 5 and 6 for Amazon because he was a big fan of the books, so viewing numbers can't be too much of an factor...

Indeed, I heard about the 30 year time jump but wondered how it would be practicably possible to make - a 10 year hiatus would make sense but that’s an epic break!

Thank god for Jeff Bezos..!

Anyone been watching lower decks? I felt the season 4 finale was one of the best bits of fan service, had me geeking out from end to end!
Binged my way through to the beginning of season 3 of Lower Decks. It’s great fun and has some outright hilarious LOL moments!

It's a film rather than a series, and is expected to be released next year.

Meanwhile, I have started to re-watch The Next Generation. It's a lot weaker than I remember, but I'm also realising that I may not have seen all the S1 and S2 episodes. S1 is pretty hit and miss, and in hindsight we're lucky it was made as a 26-episode syndication offering: it only really finds itself toward the end of the second half of the season, but if a network had been buying this show the normal way, it would most likely have been cancelled after the first block of 13 episodes.

It's a film rather than a series, and is expected to be released next year.

Meanwhile, I have started to re-watch The Next Generation. It's a lot weaker than I remember, but I'm also realising that I may not have seen all the S1 and S2 episodes. S1 is pretty hit and miss, and in hindsight we're lucky it was made as a 26-episode syndication offering: it only really finds itself toward the end of the second half of the season, but if a network had been buying this show the normal way, it would most likely have been cancelled after the first block of 13 episodes.
We're getting towards the end of a long-delayed re-watch. What is amazing is how many weak episodes there are in season 7. It never was really that good apart from a couple of dozen or so outstanding episodes over the 7 years.

Trying to figure out the actress playing the older Chinese lady in 3 Body Problem on Netflix then I remember it’s Chief O’Brien’s wife!

Trying to figure out the actress playing the older Chinese lady in 3 Body Problem on Netflix then I remember it’s Chief O’Brien’s wife!
Funny how their story went on DS9. It was time to write daughter out of the story for whatever reason so they killed her off without killing her off ...

Funny how their story went on DS9. It was time to write daughter out of the story for whatever reason so they killed her off without killing her off ...

But didn't they undo the whole thing at the end of the episode, everything back to normal?

I think feral Molly goes through the portal, encounters a younger version of herself, and sends little Molly back through the portal to her parents. And ceases to exist.

advertisement

Back