advertisement

stageline mm build

captain

Still lazy after all these years
hi all anybody built an mm stageline with power supply included. any ideas help much appreciated, boards will want to be interchangeable as i have a couple pairs as per njs 322 thread that i want to use

thanks

john

Hi John,

The Avondale Stage One Phono Module is a convenient starting point:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DuRQaXw8PnVSpwPR_aK9rNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

This takes a pair of 322 or 323 boards on the normal Tyco pins used in the Naim preamplifiers. There are locations on the board for two regulators although I'm not sure what Les intended to use here. You could easily mount a couple of TPR2 or similar regulators just off this board and feed the box with 32 - 37 V raw d.c. from an external psu. There are also locations for an LED indicator, a ground lift circuit and input load resistors.

With local regulators and suitably modified 32x boards this should easily outperform a Stageline.

malcolm

I use the 5 series cards. I have a DIY project (along with all the other!) strip board with pins to locate the cards. Powered by a TPR'd SNAPS ATM, but I'll make mono boards with a reg each, fed by raw DC in the future.

A worthwhile improvement on internal boards.

Get one of Les's boards and just plug and go. I lived with one and 323 cards for years.

hi all thanks, ive had a look on les,s site and it seems only cables can be ordered, and i couldnt even find the modules on there, is he still running the business?

Captain, I highly recommend upgrading a Stageline N with Super TeddyRegs. It was possibly my most satisfying project ever. :D You'll want a more recent unit with 2 DINs so that you can separate power from signal. Then you can use a really cheap 31+ VDC supply like one of the HP printer supplies on eBay.

Hi,

Here's mine

DSC_0063-1.jpg

Quad of super teddy regs, film caps, shokky rectifier, red cable ties.

Sounds good!.

Pete

advertisement

Back