advertisement

Speakers for computer

Exdj

pfm Member
I have a small office in my flat and I am looking for a pair of speakers to connect to my PC to play music files from my PC hard drive via ITunes or something similar. I don’t want to buy an amp or Dac so powered is probably my route, I did see a nice pair of Yamaha speakers which fit the bill but they were about £500 although I would rather want to spend less but if that’s the budget I am looking at so be it. I have various wav/flac/high res files but I can convert if necessary.

A dirty word I know but my MM1's (B&W) are superb! And USB controlled so a bit more integrated if required.

JBL LSR 305.
I have a small office in my flat and I am looking for a pair of speakers to connect to my PC to play music files from my PC hard drive via ITunes or something similar. I don’t want to buy an amp or Dac so powered is probably my route, I did see a nice pair of Yamaha speakers which fit the bill but they were about £500 although I would rather want to spend less but if that’s the budget I am looking at so be it. I have various wav/flac/high res files but I can convert if necessary.

What about those AVI thingies? can't remember what they are called but someone on here swore by em.

These are very good. Seem to defy the laws of physics! I bought some recently for studio monitoring. Extremely clean, detailed, precise stereo imaging and flat frequency response. Useful review in Sound on Sound:

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/ik-multimedia-iloud-micro

I just picked up a pair of these, thanks for the pointer. They've no right to sound so good, quite incredible for the size really and run wired or over bluetooth. £250 well spent!

I just picked up a pair of these, thanks for the pointer. They've no right to sound so good, quite incredible for the size really and run wired or over bluetooth. £250 well spent!
Haven't tried them over Bluetooth yet but they continue to surprise me. Glad you like yours. I actually bought them because one of the Flying Mole amplifiers blew in my PMC TB2A speakers and as they are no longer repairable I thought I would try these and build some Class D monoblocks at a later stage, I don't feel in a huge rush as these sound so good and are mega portable.

Ruark Audio MR1

I was dragged to John Lewis yesterday and they had some very dusty MR1's on display. They were not playing music, but they look and feel like a childs toy. I am glad I didn't go near them when searching for active speakers last year. What I settled for in the end were a pair of KRK Rokit 5, and I am glad I did because they are absolutely superb. Don't overlook if searching for small, powered monitors, regardless of application.

Here's a nice comparison of 3 2-way pro-audio monitors, it's woth putting on your headphones:

advertisement

Back