advertisement

Santa brought me

I got
  • The Elbow LP boxed set
  • Benjamin Grosvenor playng Chopin, Listz and Ravel
  • The Art of Segovia double CD
  • A comedy CD called 'Introducing tobacco to civilization'

So I'm a very happy bunny indeed. plus I've still got a bunch of the free Linn tracks to listen to and a pile of CDs from the charity shop. I don't need to buy any more music for ages!

Was the last one Bob Newhart?

Elbow boxset
Dead Can Dance 'Anastasis'
Tim Buckley 'Blue Afternoon'
Depeche Mode 'Violator'
Foals 'Antidotes' & 'Total Life Forever'
All the above on vinyl.

On cd:
Jake Bugg
Depeche Mode 'Exciter' & 'Songs of Faith & Devotion'

On DVD:
Radiohead 'Songs from the Basement'

Fink - distance and time
Fink - sort of revolution
Alt-j
Camille - ilo veyou
Philip Henry - live in the living room
Adele - 19 expanded edition

Neil Young's Waging Heavy Peace - A Hippie Dream -hardcover. Enjoying it ATM listening Psychedelic Pill.

As I have been spending quite a lot of time in Greece for the job recently my daughter got me this heavy-hitting beauty:Rebetika. Apart from the dodgy spelling of the title, it's a lovely compilation. About 4 hours of gritty loveliness; the Levant's answer to The Mblues. Very recommended to anyone interested in Mediterranean folk music.

I retaliated by getting her this:
Triangulo del Flamenco. Recorded by a German fellow and focusing on small shows in out-of-the-way places.

Fifty sheds of grey.....I kid you not. Here is a little taster:
" are you sure you want this?" I asked. " when I'm done you won't be able to sit down for weeks"

She nodded

"Okay" I said, putting the three-piece suite on ebay

Ha - Me too! Very clever little book. Lot's of laughs. Apparently the Mrs was loaned the real 50 shades by a friend and was bored with it after 30 or so pages - not sure if that is a good or bad thing ???

+ RCA Living Stereo Box
+ Love - Forever Changes - New Rhino pressing

This little lot

IMG_0053_zps1b988f7f.jpg

IMG_0052_zps54d767ad.jpg

Not strictly from Santa, but my friend Erika has sent me all the Old Apparatus EPs that I was missing as a sort of Happy Christmas / sorry it's too expensive to fly from Sydney to Adelaide this time of year type present.

JFN - I was playing Old Apparatus - Harem a few days ago is it. Must see if I have more by them there.

Now playing much tonight, power cut!

DS

Listening to and watching 'And I Will Kiss' on Blue Ray from the Olympic games opening ceremony without commentary. What a fantastic musical and visual feast. Watching it again the whole thing spans out as an epic Prog rock spectacle from start to finish( including DSOTM at the finale..... )

Roberto Fonseca - Zamazu
Miles Espanol - New Sketches of Spain
Sinead O'Connor - How About I Be Me (And You Be You)

Also following the visit from the other part of the family:

Live - Nik Bärtsch's Ronin
Celebration Day - LZ (with blu-ray & rehearsal DVD)
OAC 5CD boxset - Jeff Beck
Akokan - Roberto Fonseca

I had one present; a bottle of Eagle Rare, which I haven't touched yet because I'm still too ill with this damn flu & cough.
But I will.

Socks, chocolate buttons, peanuts in shells, ground coffee, Lord of the Rings on Blu Ray and two large black leather bound study bibles, a loose leaf Scofield and a Dakes.

Hi fi wise I have to forage for myself, answered a local freecycle ad for some "speaker stands" and casually enquired about "any other hi fi ?" ...picked up an Aiwa 770 with belts turned to goo and a pair of Celestion DL8s for £20 All cleaned up nicely and Aiwa now with new belts. Pleased as punch...and no sign of the lurgi.

advertisement

Back