advertisement

Rush -first album

graystoke4

pfm Member
hi just playing Rush the first album rush, what a record, raw rock, my god working man is on this , but my fave is Here Again, not much talked about on this site ,

Oh yes. Great album.
Liked all their early albums, saw them a couple of times - once from a long long way back at Wembley (awful, couldn't see a thing) and once at Brighton.
Didn't follow their later stuff.
Listen to them rarely these days, but this might cause me to have a litle session!

Digging that out tomorrow, now!

I was listening earlier to the 40th remaster of Farewell to Kings. Definitely a wow moment. Yet to get to the live recording but I think a revisit of the debut beckons first.

isaw them on the farewell to kings tour ,Hammersmith odion london what a gig my fav band , wow that was some years ago

It's a good album and as stated has Working Man, brilliant riff to that one!

2112 remains my favourite with Moving Pictures close behind, they have done a lot of good stuff.

good stuff ,,gaius don't you mean great stuff ,if you play it at half speed it sounds awesome ,its on pink F somewhere,
good stuff my arse,

isaw them on the farewell to kings tour ,Hammersmith odion london what a gig my fav band , wow that was some years ago

I saw them on the same tour at the Liverpool Empire, I was still a school kid at the time. Not a fan these days, but I remember enjoying the gig. I saw Black Sabbath (original line-up) around the same time too.

Just gave it a spin. Fantastic, and yes, this was much rawer rock but still very fine. For me the two stand out tracks are Finding My Way and Here Again. Here Again in particular stands out, great emotion in Geddy Lee's voice.

I've been listening to a lot of Rush over the last few days (due to these theads!). Great stuff.
I rather like this version of Working Man (just a few years later then Seekers' vid above!)

Age eh?

Still prefer the original LP version.

I've been listening to a lot of Rush over the last few days (due to these theads!). Great stuff.
I rather like this version of Working Man (just a few years later then Seekers' vid above!)

Age eh?

Still prefer the original LP version.
Awesome

advertisement

Back