advertisement

Rubber "Mushrooms" on TD126

PaulMB

pfm Member
Any Thorens pundits out there?

Thinking of trying the rubber suspensions for the 124 on my 126 Mk.II, since it seems "official" that this can be done with the 125.
I wrote to Schoppers, who sell them, but they wrote back that they can be used on the 125, but not on the 126.
How is this possible, since the springs and spring-supports are exactly the same?

Thanks for any ideas,

Paul

What is the arrangement for the 126 based EMT's? I would suggest you call back and see if Schoppers can check that information or send you a set to confirm because if they can be used there is scope for additional sales for them?

Thanks, Cable Monkey,
But the EMT 928s were based on, and made during the lifetime of, the 125, before the 126. I've decided that instead of sending £50 to Schoppers for 3 bits of rubber I'm going to experiment with some off-the-shelf pieces of rubber pipe, car suspension rubber bits, rubber bottle stoppers, whatever I happen to come across.

I went with 25mm sorbothane feet from ebay and the upper rubbers from LP12 springs on my (very different) table. It all fits together quite well dispite its disparate origins!

A pair of these feet placed face to face could sit on top of the inverted pillars.

Yes, Cablew Monkey,
I was thinking of keeping the upper rubbers, which slot into a recess under the platter, and using a piece of rubber hose to fit around them above and into the plastic "cups" below. Because something has to stop the suspended deck from slithering around sideways. In the meantime I've tried just blocking the upper deck with some pieces of 10mm neoprene jammed between the suspended platter and the lower deck. It sounds fine, but is sensitive to footfalls.

advertisement

Back