advertisement

Ruark retailers?

Jim Audiomisc

pfm Member
Any Ruark retailers here? I tried their web form that should tell me who may be near to me. But despite my being in Scotland it offers Leamington Spa when I type in the details of my area! Interested in trying/buying something.

Any Ruark retailers here? I tried their web form that should tell me who may be near to me. But despite my being in Scotland it offers Leamington Spa when I type in the details of my area! Interested in trying/buying something.
On the assumption you are not too far from St. Andrews, if you select 100 miles as the search limit and you will find three stockists in Edinburgh: John Lewis, Richer Sounds and James Morrow. I don't know whether any of these stocks products of interest. None is within the default 25 mile limit - the web site seems to be less than well coded when finding no results within range.

They fixed their webform after I told Ruark it didn't work properly. They got the same problem, regardless of search area distance!

Now dithering wrt who to approach of the three. But IIRC John Lewis may take things back if they don't work as expected. James Morrow is someone I've not heard before, so may be more 'local' though, and that's tempting.

I've given up on Ruark. Decided to fall back on my 'injuneer' approach. :)

i.e. I'll get one of the standard USB Software Defined Radio USB 'dongles' and the software to use it to receive DAB/DAB+. That way I can decide how it works and can do things like record the encoded streams as well as the decoded LPCM. Useful for analysis as well as use. Already have a DVB-T1/2 dongle and a FUNCubePP (meant for satellite reception but I use it for things like spectrum analysis.)
More fiddling about to get going, but then more versatile, and cheaper. :)

there was a ruark dealer in Leamington spa [ music matters ] but its either closed or closing down . not much use to you in Scotland tho even if it was open !

advertisement

Back