advertisement

thecrimsonking

Hi guys, long time reader of the PFM Forums, delighted to be a member.

I am hoping someone here might be able to help me, I have a pair of Tannoy Monitor Silver 15" drivers and their matching Corner York cabinets. Unfortunately, one of the cones on one driver is badly damaged and will need to be re-coned.

I am looking for a re-cone kit for this driver. I know there is a Monitor Red re-cone kit available, but it is different, in appearance if not otherwise. The monitor silver has the wires partly visible on the front of the cone, the red does not. Otherwise, looking at the original Tannoy spec sheets for both, they are identical.

I would really like to find an original or at least an identical replacement, I could get manufactured etc. If anyone knows where I could source one it would be really fantastic.

Thanks guys, and happy listening :)

Lockwood audio are your people

I would suggest this is not a DIY job unless you're really experienced in re-coning speakers. Better to get the pros to do it.

I'm sure Cooky will be along shortly to add the value of his wisdom.

Lockwood audio are your people

I would suggest this is not a DIY job unless you're really experienced in re-coning speakers. Better to get the pros to do it.

I'm sure Cooky will be along shortly to add the value of his wisdom.
Thanks for the reply mate! Yeah I'll be asking Lockwood Audio to do the job. Have spoken with them already about it, Unfortunately they only have the monitor red cones, so I am trying to find a silver cone that I can give them to do the job.

I wonder if there are cone manufacturers that take on custom jobs like this, wouldn't be cheap I know, but for the sake of having them match.

Thanks for the reply mate! Yeah I'll be asking Lockwood Audio to do the job. Have spoken with them already about it, Unfortunately they only have the monitor red cones, so I am trying to find a silver cone that I can give them to do the job.

I wonder if there are cone manufacturers that take on custom jobs like this, wouldn't be cheap I know, but for the sake of having them match.
The Silver and Red cones are identical specification, but you will always have the new vs aged appearance to deal with following a single recone.
You could send the damaged cone to Lockwood, salvage the voicecoil, tinsel lead eyelets and even the spider from the old cone if need be and ask Nick to replicate how the wires are dressed on the cone front....failing that send the whole thing incl red cone off to Lautspecher Manufacturer based in Germany to do the repair/ rescue.

advertisement

Back