advertisement

Rega TT Assistance

This thread is bordering on ridiculous now imo.
Get it to a dealer or box it up and send it to Rega or a quality Rega dealer for a full service and upgrades.
And put yourself and us out of this misery.:)

This thread is bordering on ridiculous now imo.
Get it to a dealer or box it up and send it to Rega or a quality Rega dealer for a full service and upgrades.
And put yourself and us out of this misery.:)

Barry just because you are in misery doesn't mean some of us can't try to help. Your opening helpful comment was 'sell it and get something else'. and now it's 'let's please just stop talking about this because its making me miserable.'

Great.

If it makes you so unhappy why do you even read the thread?

Barry just because you are in misery doesn't mean some of us can't try to help. Your opening helpful comment was 'sell it and get something else'. and now it's 'let's please just stop talking about this because its making me miserable.'

Great.

If it makes you so unhappy why do you even read the thread?
Datsun,
Don't try and re-write what i posted please.:rolleyes:
The thread was getting painfully long.
The OP has had lots of help.
He clearly has no idea or any success in the DIY department.
Its been going on to long?
At last as he has posted above its now going to a Rega dealer to be sorted.
You asking him to post pictures must be sending his brain into overdrive.
Its a Rega P2 FFS.:rolleyes:
A Garrard SP25 has more working parts.

I did purchase it second hand Fudgemaster, and it was purchased at a very reasonable price so a few additions here and there aren't the end of the world.

I thank you all for your assistance, thank you Barry for your statement concerning my DIY skills, or apparent lackthereof.....

No need for anyone to get bent out of shape, I've asked for some advice on a few aspects of the TT that were causing concern, received sound & helpful advice, and will be running the deck past someone who is more experienced than I to ensure everything is in order.

I've had a number of dealings with Rega over the years and have always found them extremely professional, friendly and helpful (including Paul Darwin).

Datsun,
Don't try and re-write what i posted please.:rolleyes:
The thread was getting painfully long.
The OP has had lots of help.
He clearly has no idea or any success in the DIY department.
Its been going on to long?
At last as he has posted above its now going to a Rega dealer to be sorted.
You asking him to post pictures must be sending his brain into overdrive.
Its a Rega P2 FFS.:rolleyes:
A Garrard SP25 has more working parts.

You said 'Why not just buy a new TT ?' . I don't think I exercised too much poetic license in paraphrasing you.

Someguy was still having trouble (ie. still posting) so I was trying to work out where there really was still a problem. So you first you appeared to have no interest in the subject and then you took it on yourself to close the discussion on behalf of everyone else. And you roll your eyes.

Hi Barry,

The Rega dealer I had contacted went quiet on me, so I stripped the turntable down entirely, cleaned everything & spent some time putting it back together & setting it up, which seems to have solved much of what I was experiencing, which is good.

Any further issues I have had have been the result of poorly pressed records, namely off centre pressings, which is obviously not the TT's fault. So overall, it appears to be a happy ending indeed.

Once again, thanks for everyone's help & interest.

Indeed linnfomaniac, all appears to be well & I can now continue to listen happily.

Me too Barry, I'm at around 100 records or so currently, but I'm going through a stack at the minute that may take me closer to 150, depending on what I choose to keep.

I have hundreds of records, I don't have a single off centre one that audibly affects playback. You may wish to investigate further.

Of the thousands of records I own, I have two that were off centre enough to really audibly affect playback to the point where they were unlistenable without attention. One on both sides, the other, strangely, only on one side.

advertisement

Back