advertisement

Rega Planar 1 versus Planar 2

Now after a few months past since I bought the Planar 2, I can say that I really like vinyl. So I would like to know if is worth a upgrade to the cartridge or sawp the Planar 2 for a three. What should sound better, a Planar 2 with a Goldring 1012 GX or a Planar 3 with a Goldring E3?

Sounds like you've got the upgrade bug, so might be worth going straight to the P10? ;) Joking aside, the P3 is a very good TT and gives you further upgradability with a connection for a TTPSU that you could add later on. If you do feel the need to scratch the upgrade itch, I'd say go for the P3, then enjoy your music without distraction for a while ;)

OK, I just wanted some advice for the upgrade path.Right now, I´m happy with the Planar 2, is very good!

If you have any idea what level to end up, you might consider jumping some steps

Perhaps you can find old stock of the RP6 or RP8, both will comfortably walk over any Planar 2 or 3 paired with any of your suggested cartridge, perhaps include some from AT-VM95 range

If you have any idea what level to end up, you might consider jumping some steps

Perhaps you can find old stock of the RP6 or RP8, both will comfortably walk over any Planar 2 or 3 paired with any of your suggested cartridge, perhaps ad something from AT-VM95 range
This would be my advice too!

Don't mess around, get a 2nd hand higher level TT. Back in the day I went P2 to LP12 & it was a huge upgrade. Rega make great TTs & there is a really strong upgrade path.

Sounds like you've got the upgrade bug, so might be worth going straight to the P10? ;) Joking aside, the P3 is a very good TT and gives you further upgradability with a connection for a TTPSU that you could add later on. If you do feel the need to scratch the upgrade itch, I'd say go for the P3, then enjoy your music without distraction for a while ;)

Just what I did.
Planar 3 (2016), Elys 2, Neo power supply and white belt.
Combination of affordability and superb sound.

advertisement

Back