advertisement

Rega p3 Second hand find

worz

pfm Member
Hi all seen an old p 3 with hadcock arm with supex 900 cartridge for 100 squids for sale ,worth a punt or what
Only problem seems deck speed fluctuating problem easily repair

Yes, the parts alone should easily achieve that… plus a fair bit I’d have thought.

The speed fluctuation is very likely the motor suspension belt and/or the drive belt, cheap and simple fix.

Definitely worth a punt, both the TT and tonearm should be easily serviced with replacement parts available if required.

Those old Supex 900 were just lovely, owned a few many moons ago, that was just before the Koetsus.

Worth more than a punt.

Depending on exactly what you are buying, and the condition, you could see 2++ times that on resale.

"Hadcock" covers very, very many "sins". Not at all attractive if a Hadcock gimbal arm.

Even a broken Supex MC will fetch way more than 100 quid.

I am not questioning your comment, but that seems amazing. Any that hasn't been touched since new would need a total rebuild.

I used one for a long while - free when I bought my LP12 from NEAT, when they were just a s/h hifi shop. Without wanting to tempt fate, it is the only cart' that I have wrecked due to handling - new canti' via ESCo.

advertisement

Back