advertisement

Rega Ear – muted at last

Darkagesound

pfm Member
I have a headphone system in my study consisting of Rega Planet CD, Rega Ear and Grado SR325e, which I use occasionally when listening to CDs whilst working rather than Spotify through my laptop. I bought the Ear from a fellow Fishie about 5 years ago and I’ve been very happy with it. Then this afternoon my wife was trying to get my attention and I tried to mute the sound using the mute on the Ear and nothing happened. Feeling outraged I was about to post a cry for help when I had the good sense to read the manual and discovered that there are two sets of sockets on the Ear, one marked INPUT, which I’d been using, and the other, LINK, and only when using LINK does the mute button work. I felt like a twit but was relieved that the headphone amp is working as it is supposed to. Has anyone else discovered something about a piece of kit after they’ve owned it for years?

There was a thread recently where at least a few people mentioned the odd reversal of L/R on the back of older Naim amps (olive and CB). I made the mistake as well but noticed it fairly quickly since it was a Nait 2 being used for music and TV duties. Off center dialogue would always come from the wrong speaker.... For a while I thought it must be a defective 3.5mm headphone to DIN cable.

advertisement

Back