advertisement

Rega Apheta 2: opinions ?

daniele_g

pfm Member
the title says it all, except that, besides comments on the Apheta 2 itself, comparison with the 'old' Apheta would be appreciated.

thanks.

What do people think of these cartridges on non-Rega arms/tables. Say, for example, on a Linn LP12 with Ittok LVIII? I've looked around, but found surprising little feedback on this.

I have an original Apheta I use from time to time on my Artemiz / Garrard 401 - a lovely detailed and dynamic cart which works very well with this set-up.

Thanks for your comments so far.

@Vinyl_giraffe: I've read positive comments (on Naim forum) on the Apheta (first version, I think) on a Linn LP12 TT with Linn arm.

@hifi_dave: thanks for this specific comment: I had read a review on the Apheta "1" where it was blamed to be a bit edgy in the highs, though it was judged excellent in almost all other "parameters". I was wondering if the Apheta 2 would overcome this "problem" and, based on your words, looks like it does.

What do people think of these cartridges on non-Rega arms/tables. Say, for example, on a Linn LP12 with Ittok LVIII? I've looked around, but found surprising little feedback on this.

Have you considered the Linn Krystal?
I use in an ittockII, and have been very pleased. Detailed, dynamic and natural!
£200 more expensive than the Rega
Would be good to hear them side by side, but difficult for most dealers to offer such a comparison.

@hifi_dave: I've sent you a PM, but I can't see it in my 'sent items' folder. would you mind telling me please if you don't receive it in a short time ? just to be sure I've really sent it and not made some mistake instead.
thanks.

Would Apheta2 be worth to upgrade to, from the 'one-version' I mean? And what about the new Aria MC?

Thanks for the feedback on the Apheta on non-Rega arms/decks. For my next cartridge, the Linn Krystal likely is the frontrunner, but since I don't have the means to actually audition for myself it is nice to hear what others think about other cartridges, too.

advertisement

Back