advertisement

Recommend a set of RCA cables please?

IMHO nothing wrong with Amazon basic.
Personally i've always believed that cables should be the last thing to worry about when you're 100% happy with everything else, both equipment and room acoustics.

Used to run handmade pure silver speaker cables and interconnect’s when I had ATC 12’s and an Advantage S-100 sounded sublime. When I put them on the Tag 100x5r thought I’d trapped the cat 🐱🤨🤣

I made three pairs of 1.5m length interconnects using Mogami 2549. Please make sure you buy good quality RCA plugs because the insulation around the central pin of cheap plugs can melt during soldering. This time I bought some good quality Mps plugs. Each pair of DIY interconnect costs me just over 10 pounds. These days I don't spend much money on hi fi accessories. I cannot say if these DIY interconnects are good or bad, but the cable quality seems to be decent.

53549086249_08b51f8da6_b.jpg

For value it's hard to argue with the quality of Worlds Best Cables. Quality connectors and premium Belden, Gotham, Mogami wire in simple packaging.
Job done really.

However, I've always had a somewhat irrational attachment to VDH ever since spending the best part of 2 hours chatting to the man himself about styli, arms and cart repairs.
The company pump a lot of cash into charities supporting less advantaged kids so that also hit's the feel good factor. They say people buy from people.

So I recommend VDH interconnects and that's all I use. All built by the company, nothing off the shelf, premium quality materials, sensible electrical characteristics and should last a lifetime. Not the crazy high end carbon stuff though and you can usually get a decent discount. So, the Bay, River, Name, 102/III, Wave....

advertisement

Back