advertisement

Reclocking USB signals - significant improvement !

Chord DACs are the Honda of the audio world, they do a job very well but are tedious and boring (and frankly annoying after a while)

Why not?

Your mantra seems to be 'have you tried it' implying that someone should make their own choice when buying something so why can't a dealer decide what they want to sell without having to justify it to the likes of you?

And here is your problem... did i ask you? NO, but as usual, you think you are the answer to "everything PFM"

Hi,
I think people are viewing the perceived effect of USB reclockers wrong.

If you are spending however many £100's or £1000's on a USB reclocker for your £100's or many £1000's DAC, then you should not be viewing it that the USB reclocker makes an improvement.

You should take the approach, why you have spent such a vast sum on a DAC for another product (USB reclocker) to put right the engineering incompetence of your many £1,000's DAC.

What ever the claimed improvement of the USB reclocker, you do have to ask yourself why doesn't your existing DAC implement the reclocker technology anyway.

This is not to say that the USB reclocker works, but that you believe it works, and happily accept that you need the additional cost of the USB reclocker in addition to your existing DAC costs.

Regards,
Shadders.

No, i don't have an issue with my DAC, (it does its own reclocking) but thanks for asking.

To get back to my question: who has tried it or even listen to it?

It doesn’t just re-clock it regenerates, speaking of which I recently saw two Doctor Who’s in Pizza Express, they weren’t sitting together obviously.
Keith

No, i don't have an issue with my DAC, (it does its own reclocking) but thanks for asking.

To get back to my question: who has tried it or even listen to it?
Hi,
This then points to what you perceive to be the problem in your other thread, and posts here.

Some people are aware of the construction and design of a DAC, and the requirements and specifications of the interfacing to a DAC IC whether from a AES/EBU/Toslink receiver, or from a sample rate converter etc.

This is why they respond to discussions as per this thread. You do not need to try a product subjectively to know it is a con.

Regards,
Shadders.

Chord DACs are the Honda of the audio world, they do a job very well but are tedious and boring (and frankly annoying after a while)
Nice bit of subjectivity there! Personally, I find their physical look mildly annoying but, unlike Benchmark as an example, I don’t find the sound annoying in the long term, let alone after a while, however long that is. The thing is we are different and our opinions are both valid, and for our ears correct.

That illustrates the use of our subjective responses. Anyone reading our two posts could come away with the information that they are not universally liked and that if considering buying it might be worth a lengthy, rather than a short listen. Probably more useful for someone, particularly without advanced technical know how, thinking of buying a DAC then ASR measurements.

Hi,
I think people are viewing the perceived effect of USB reclockers wrong.

If you are spending however many £100's or £1000's on a USB reclocker for your £100's or many £1000's DAC, then you should not be viewing it that the USB reclocker makes an improvement.

You should take the approach, why you have spent such a vast sum on a DAC for another product (USB reclocker) to put right the engineering incompetence of your many £1,000's DAC.

What ever the claimed improvement of the USB reclocker, you do have to ask yourself why doesn't your existing DAC implement the reclocker technology anyway.

This is not to say that the USB reclocker works, but that you believe it works, and happily accept that you need the additional cost of the USB reclocker in addition to your existing DAC costs.

Regards,
Shadders.

We sort of started there with the OP's thread starter reporting his visit to the "North Germany Hifi Show" where he said he could hear that the Kii3 speakers sounded better when the Innuos reclocker was used. Now, I'm pretty sure that neither he nor anyone else was saying that the Kii 3 speakers are defective or to use your words have "engineering incompetence" unless that is what you are saying. Can you clarify?

You always assume that when someone reports an improvement in sound quality, they actually did hear an improvement in sound quality, if you took the time and performed some unsighted comparisons you would quickly realise that previously perceived differences often disappear when compared unsighted.
Keith

BUT you don't even know what it is... yet you've concluded what it can or cannot possible do?
Hi,
Sorry, but bits truly are bits. If the receiving DAC has such a poor design, so as to be affected by another piece of equipment performing within the bounds of the standards set by the USB group, or European Norms, then the person should be looking to get their money back on their DAC purchase.

If a USB unit is NOT performing any DSP function, then how can it change the sound if the bits sent via USB is received unchanged by the DAC ?

Regards,
Shadders.

I'll ask again just in case you missed it; Do you know what it really is and does ... (under the skin) .... or are you simply objecting to what its called?

We sort of started there with the OP's thread starter reporting his visit to the "North Germany Hifi Show" where he said he could hear that the Kii3 speakers sounded better when the Innuos reclocker was used. Now, I'm pretty sure that neither he nor anyone else was saying that the Kii 3 speakers are defective or to use your words have "engineering incompetence" unless that is what you are saying. Can you clarify?
Hi,
Where is your proof that the person actually did hear a benefit ?

All you are trying to do is use someones unproven subjective opinion to infer i am stating a specific design has been engineered incompetently. That is quite a sly move.

If any equipment is affected by a USB based data connection, and this is measurable as per a jitter change, then yes, that engineering device is a poor design.

Regards,
Shadders.

advertisement

Back