advertisement

Real Photographers Forum

hamish_gill

pfm Member
Hi
I have fairly recently started a photography forum and have just gained permission to plug it here :)

Www.realphotographersforum.com

Come have a look! :)

This is our "ethos"

"At Real Photographers Forum we want to encourage a community feel. One of the measures we have taken to help encourage this is to enforce the rule that all our members use their real names. Many forums allow users to create a nickname for them selves, we feel this gives users something to hide behind. By using a real name and giving a basic location we feel that users will be more likely to talk to each other like real people - hence "Real Photographers Forum".

The goal of this forum is to create a community of like minded people who share a passion for photography, be that as a beginner, a long standing professional or anywhere between.

We at RPF feel that anyone can learn from anyone - by that we mean that even if you have been taking photos for 50 years there is no reason that you can't or shouldn't be able to learn from someone who has only been doing it for 5 minutes! Obviously the reality of the situation is that someone with 50 years experience is likely to know quite a lot more than that of someone with 5 minutes experience, but we ask all our members to kindly be open minded to the possibility that you can learn from any one.... and indeed teach anyone!

No question is too daft, so don't be afraid to ask it, and on the same note, if you feel you have something to share, however simple it might be, please don't hesitate to share it!

We do have Administrators and moderators, but we don't want there to be any sort of hierarchy, they are only here to make sure that the forum is run properly and to maintain our rules and ethos. we want everyone on this forum to be considered equal ... the admin and mods are just a little bit more equal."

Hope to see you there!

All the best

Hamish

Its started to pick up now on the forum, lots of interesting photos being posted and threads being started!
why not come and join in? :)

Just remembered I posted about RPF here ... I'm sure a couple of people joined, we seem to have quite a few audiophiles amongst out membership...
Anyway, year and a bit on things are going quite nicely!
Lots of features for photographers to get involved in... The forum, obviously, we have a blogging suit for people to create photography blogs as well as a system (recently, I'm fairly certain copied by dpreview ;)) for promoting user threads to articles for our ezine!

Anyway, I'm sort of looking for people who run photography related blogs to join and maybe get involved in this aspect of what we are doing http://www.realphotographersforum.com/content/section/379-hugo.html
Bit of fun really, but its nice for the community!

More about what we are up to here if your interested http://www.realphotographersforum.com/faq.php

Anyway, hopefully it's still ok for me to post about RPF here ... I know there are a lot of photographers on this site, hopefully a few more who might be interested in joining the only friendly photography forum on the Internet ;)

wow, some very nice photographs Hamish, I'm neither an 'audiophile' nor a 'photographer' but count me in.

Ant

advertisement

Back