advertisement

Rap & hip-hop (old people whinging about same).

<moderating>

Thread split in two, the useful / positive content has been moved into a fresh thread.

Tony.

I don't think I'm American, but I do want a ten gallon hat. That has to count for something.

You need to stop whatever it is you're doing, you non American white trash, go home and burn your record collection. Would probably do it naked with the ten gallon hat, just for effect.

<moderating>

Thread split in two, the useful / positive content has been moved into a fresh thread.

Tony.

Why? So criticism is no longer to be allowed? If you are not for us you are against us?

Does the AUP say anything about this?

Why? So criticism is no longer to be allowed? If you are not for us you are against us?

Does the AUP say anything about this?
Not really Nigel, this thread is now not containing people's hip hop recommendations, but still contains the polarised opinions about hip hop/rap music. Anything wrong with that?

You need to stop whatever it is you're doing, you non American white trash, go home and burn your record collection. Would probably do it naked with the ten gallon hat, just for effect.

I'm allowed to keep the Dad Rock though right?

Not really Nigel, this thread is now not containing people's hip hop recommendations, but still contains the polarised opinions about hip hop/rap music. Anything wrong with that?

Dunno - can we rubbish the recommendations on the "yo hip-hop is great" thread if we disagree with some of the recommendations?

Dunno - can we rubbish the recommendations on the "yo hip-hop is great" thread if we disagree with some of the recommendations?
Would you say that would fit with the general style of the music room?

If you want to rubbish the recommendations, do it in this thread. Pretty fair and simple, unless you just want to troll (which you would never do of course :).

<moderating>

Tony.

An excellent example of non-biased moderation. Why didn't you just split it into "posts I like" and "posts I don't like"?

Oh wait, you did.

An excellent example of non-biased moderation. Why didn't you just split it into "posts I like" and "posts I don't like"?

Oh wait, you did.

The thread was split because it contained 2 groups of contributors ie those who wanted to make recommendations and those who were unable to see any merit in Rap, 2 separate issues surely. However to accuse Tony of being motivated primarily by some antipathy towards the latter group is unacceptable. For a smart guy this is a dumbass accusation.

The thread was split because it contained 2 groups of contributors ie those who wanted to make recommendations and those who were unable to see any merit in Rap, 2 separate issues surely. However to accuse Tony of being motivated primarily by some antipathy towards the latter group is unacceptable. For a smart guy this is a dumbass accusation.

He encourages opposing viewpoints by isolating dissent and disparaging it (old people whinging, non-useful and negative)?

I have no problem with the split - great solution. No need to then pass judgment, IMHO.

And frankly, I wasn't asking you.

And frankly, this is a public forum so I am telling you, the above is a dumbass accusation.

advertisement

Back