advertisement

Rain Parade

Finnegan

I like a bit of a cavort
I’ve pre-ordered the new album released later this month. Any love for these ‘Paisley Underground’ psychedelic revivalists? They came to my attention on the OGWT in 1983 with that incredible footage of ‘No Easy Way Down’ cutting a swathe across much of the vacuous crap that was around then. I immediately purchased Emergency Third Rail Power Trip and later Beyond The Sunset. Now of course minus the late David Roback, but their new album is getting decent reviews. Can’t wait to give it a spin.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C5TRVG2M/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I’ve pre-ordered the new album released later this month. Any love for these ‘Paisley Underground’ psychedelic revivalists? They came to my attention on the OGWT in 1983 with that incredible footage of ‘No Easy Way Down’ cutting a swathe across much of the vacuous crap that was around then. I immediately purchased Emergency Third Rail Power Trip and later Beyond The Sunset. Now of course minus the late David Roback, but their new album is getting decent reviews. Can’t wait to give it a spin.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C5TRVG2M/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21
I saw that clip and it blew me away. Never thought 40 years later I’d be watching them perform in a London pub. Glorious

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I had (still have) Emergency Third Rail Power Trip and Explosions In The Glass Palace - haven’t played them in a while though.

Saw them at their legendary Clarendon Ballroom gig, Hammersmith mid 80s. Place was totally packed and being mid summer was sweltering, great gid though. I would have gone to any recent gig if I had heard about it, miffed to have missed it and I tend to keep up with these things. Anyone into this sort of thing should check out Helicon, who are playing gigs around the place this month.

Saw them live in Chester at a half empty Rendezvous. At the time they under-whelmed. In retrospect I’ve no idea what was thinking as Emergency Third Rail is a great album by any standards.

Have quite a few of their albums. Plus hi-fi speaking, 'Crashing Dream' was always great for testing bass.

New album sounds like it could be decent.

Saw them at their legendary Clarendon Ballroom gig, Hammersmith mid 80s. Place was totally packed and being mid summer was sweltering, great gid though.
I was there - Robyn Hitchcock on the bill as I recall? Bumped into a dour Andy Kershaw. That was a great gig. When I saw them at a Bristol Uni gig at the end of the year they looked knackered and Piucci had grown earrings.

Depending on You was, as implied above, a great turntable tester with real dynamics.

I have Explosions In The Glass Palace which I really like but for whatever reason I never bought any of their other releases. I have a cassette of Emergerncy Third Rail Power Trip somewhere that a friend did for me many moons ago though. It's rather splendid as I recall :)

advertisement

Back