advertisement

Radford Revival

stupinder

pfm Member
I have looked and don't see this mentioned so here goes.
Father and son team at Radford Revival are recreating replicas of the STA15 and 25 amplifiers. They use original blue prints and they look pretty fabulous (the amps not the father and son).
There site is here http://www.radfordrevival.co.uk/
My litle site "hifi pig" has managed to secure a world first review of the amps, which i'm pretty chuffed about

Can't wait to read it. Hope I won't be disappointed as the photos on the web make them look superb! Good luck to the both in their new venture.

Given the level of detail that Will and Steve have gone to and the contact they have had with Radford, not to mention the use of all the original blueprints etc i'm sure they'll be fabulous.
I'd love one I have to say -i think they look beautiful!! Bit out of my league for the minut though!!

My litle site "hifi pig" has managed to secure a world first review of the amps, which i'm pretty chuffed about

Hee hee ... yummy! Stu's hooked me up as a Hifi Pig reviewer - great fun :cool: - and now one of these new Radfords might be heading my way for assessment! :D

They look incredible, and that price isn't so high as to be considered totally out of reach! But I suppose what you really need to do Stu is get someone to loan you an original and make a comparison using the same valves. The offer of a short break in Northern France in a quaint house with all the wine they can drink might persuade someone to pack their beloved Radford into a crate and drive it over.:cool:

But I suppose what you really need to do Stu is get someone to loan you an original and make a comparison using the same valves. The offer of a short break in Northern France in a quaint house with all the wine they can drink might persuade someone to pack their beloved Radford into a crate and drive it over.:cool:

I'm game - where do I sign?

I know this is a little off topic but I have a Radford pre-amp (stereo control unit) SC22. I have been asked to get rid of it for a pal who no longer uses it. It is in just about reasonable condition - it has all the knobs etc although the fascia needs a clean up - but there are no valves.

It can go to anybody who would be prepared to pay the postage costs. I haven't put it in the For Sale column as it will probably sink like a lead balloon and be on page 3 within four hours! Also it can be collected from me near Bristol.

Clive

Clive I need a valve pre and would pay postage

But this item is worth maybe 100 -200 pounds as is

The valves are a 30 minute job on eBay and could be bought for £25-50

The revolting Burndy cable is the bummer with these when it comes to powering them etc

Anyway if you still dont want to sell it here or elsewhere let me know

I have had 3 radfords amp set ups so I know what they are and how they do

All best for this

Im not sure if my stuff will get pruned but as Im not in the love in I will answer Martyns point - if it wasnt rheotorical - yes Woodside made and sold CD players a while back - I think some were sold in our classifieds too

Whats your point Martyn I may have missed it - or was it the love fest you were noteing?

Tony - sorry if I have broken the rules, my sincere apologies if that is the case. It does raise the point whether giving something away is an ad though?

ian r - you have pm.

I think there is more than one advert in this thread Clive and yours isnt of a fiduciary nature

I didnt mean to suggest you would be pruned just that Tony was up to something

I will visit my new and expanded post box and reply.

A big hurrah for the expanded post box, again a 'big thank' you Tony.

I really hope this thread isn't pruned, I would like to learn more about Radford gear even if, for me, the older stuff is of greater interest than the new range.

Clive you are a karma champion. It arrived safe and sound, Later model than mine - more later. I'll need to create a PSU to use it as well as find valves. Have started a new thread

I have looked and don't see this mentioned so here goes.
Father and son team at Radford Revival are recreating replicas of the STA15 and 25 amplifiers. They use original blue prints and they look pretty fabulous (the amps not the father and son).
There site is here http://www.radfordrevival.co.uk/

I had thought that title to the Radford name rested with Peter Comeau, erstwhile owner of World Designs but perhaps this no longer is the case.

Anyone know?

Richard.

advertisement

Back