advertisement

Query on fuse ratings?

Harlyquin

Anti speed-camera member
I've got a bit of kit which has just blown its fuse. There's nothing intelligible on it apart from a type code T2AL250V which doesn't give me a lot of idea what it is and how to find a replacement. Can any of you knowledgeable DIYers out there tell me what this means and point me towards a supplier? Any assistance gratefully welcomed.

My Marshall JCM 2000TSL keeps blowing a fuse, it is a T2AL250V. I have to use the amp tonight but only have a T2 250V fuse. Can anyone tell me what the difference is and whether it will work ok? Thanks.

I believe the T2AL250V is "slow blow" which means it designed to handle the switch on surge without problem. The second is "fast blow" and designed to blow the millisecond 2 amps is exceeded and may not survive the switch on surge demands of a power amp.

If however you get past the surge, all things should be equal from there on in - until you switch off and on again - or cause a current surge for some other reason, which you may be since you keep blowing fuses. Wouldn't that be a warning sign that something is not quite right?

advertisement

Back