advertisement

Q Acoustics Speakers?

They're pleasant and easy to listen to for long periods. No treble harshness or sense that they're doing something wrong at the crossover frequencies like a lot other budget speakers do.

Of course they're not massively detailed or clear but they're more then good enough and competitive with others in the same price bracket. Due to their easy going nature they're my favorite budget passive speaker brand.

Pair of small ones in the kitchen (2010i I think). They’re OK. The advantage for us was the integrated wall mounting brackets.

Last edited:
I've got some 3020's but for a little more money the Dali Zensor 1 is much better.

I heard a pair of 3020's at Scalford a few years ago with (I think) Cyrus gear. I didn't know about the brand then and was impressed by the size of the soundstage, clarity and power for speakers of that size. I was amazed when I researched them and found the price. Imho great value.

I have some 2010is and tome they sound sweet and very transparent with good bass for the size .
Amazing value for money as they are normally discounted after a while .
They sound even better when used with higher level equipment then they would normally be paired with . A bargain in Imo

I have some 2010is and tome they sound sweet and very transparent with good bass for the size .
Amazing value for money as they are normally discounted after a while .
They sound even better when used with higher level equipment then they would normally be paired with . A bargain in Imo

Yes, they scale very well with good equipment. I didn't think much of the 3010s being driven by a Marantz MCR611 but they are a completely different speaker on the end of my A-S3000 and deliver a surprisingly effortless and spacious presentation with no obvious tonal colouration.

I am using a pair of 3050 loudspeakers with Audio Note 2.1 DAC and home mode 300B S.E.T. amplifier - so equipment way out of its price league.

The results are awesome. These loudspeakers are highly musical, while giving a well balanced and meaty sound. Well behaved treble too. Pretty transparent, but not uber-mega-bucks-transparent.

Bottom end has some welly.

Andrew

The new 3000i range was the last one I did for Q-Acoustic before I left the party. 3010i is really nice if size matters.......but the star is the 3050i :)

Best KH

The new 3000i range was the last one I did for Q-Acoustic before I left the party. 3010i is really nice if size matters.......but the star is the 3050i :)

Best KH

I don't suppose you could describe how the, Quote - "Helmholtz Pressure Equalizer" works?

I use Q Acoustic Concept 40's which where until recently where the company's headliners.

If you are looking for a 'warm' and 'smooth' sound then these are for you, they do everything 'right', without nasty harshness and look nice. Lots of low end thump, and extremely clear. They work well with good pairings, get it wrong, and they can sound a bit foggy. I use a Peachtree 125 amplifier which brought them alive. They respond to different cable very well to mould you sound.

For the price the Concept 40's can be had second hand, they are definitely a no brainer if you're on a budget.

I use Concept 20s (on their dedicated stands) in the home office. They sound clear and detailed and do absolutely nothing wrong. Excellent VFM.

I use some 2010 (I think - basically the cheapest ones) as my 'garden' speakers - I have a RPI with power amp module attached to them and this runs off a 12v SLA battery. Plonk them in the garden, and as long as they find one of my wifi routers they play great music. They are also made of plastic, so if it starts raining, we just leave them to it. They are not 'amazing' nor are they 'challenging' they are just good quality ordinary - bit like a decent bottle of cheap wine - good with a barbecue.

On the great value small speaker front, I can heartily recommend Dali Zensor Pico. I bought a pair to use with my TEAC CR H101 and the pair produces some marvellous sounds. Indeed, it's so good that I often wonder why we all bother spending loads more.

The decoupled tweeters are ingenious, and so simple. There have been many more expensive ways to do it. I think this aspect of the desIgn is a big reason they punch well above their weight.

They are just a good compromise at that price point. Used, you can outclass then easily, but for small unfussy speakers they just sound fine.

I bought a pair of 3020’s without listening to them for 120 quid. Using them with highish end gear while I decide on better speakers. IMHO they are amazing for the money! I also listened to the concept 500’s (4000 quid), and they are quite stunning.

advertisement

Back