advertisement

Power Cables. Are they overhyped? Part III

No it is time for a 'Digital or Analogue which is the better source?' thread. :D

Should have at least 10K views.

Even though the simple answer is that they are both equal..

Or maybe a 'Power Cables Threads are they overhyped' thread..

You state, if one thinks they hear a difference with a change of mains cable then the amp is design deficient, unequivocally.
It follows that you accept that mains cable may or may not make a difference to design deficient amps, otherwise why keep repeating it?

Mr ED

Im afraid you dont understand and Im not sure I can make it much simpler for you.

I do not think they make a difference. That is your claim, but if you insist it is the case then you have to accept your amp is defficient. One follows the other. I am not saying your amp is defficient because I dont think it is affected by the mains cable.

Pretty simple isnt it

Your original statement is absolutist and deserved to be treated as such. You are now changing your original statement. If you wish to make absolutist statements and declare them as fact then best to think them through and correctly phrase them first time around. Otherwise you will appear as, and be treated as, a troll.

Btw should the amp be designed to be unconditionally unaffected by "normal variations of mains supply" or just the ones within the supplier stated parameters? The two are not always the same. There's also the issue that what is "normal" has changed somewhat over time. There's a lot more shit flying around these days than say pre 1975 (selected as a point in time before which there was very little in the way of microprocessors etc sat on the mains and polluting it with elements outside of spec).

No its not. Please refer to my further comments. You have not understood what has been said.

Troll? Because I dont agree with your position? Or because you havent understood whats been said? Whatsnext understood just fine.

Yes there is a lot more shit flying around these days. Thats why there are emc compliance rules and tests. I would hope that competent designers would be aware of the issues and design mitigations accordingly.

Perhaps the incompetent designers have to rely on funky mains cables hohoho :p

Why don`t all you DBT worshipers get together and build us the perfect Cable, Amp or speakers etc then you might be taken a bit more seriously.

Seems like the less a poster has to offer the more he will post ....

No it is time for a 'Digital or Analogue which is the better source?' thread. :D

Should have at least 10K views.

Even though the simple answer is that they are both equal..

Or maybe a 'Power Cables Threads are they overhyped' thread..

How about "Are audiophile digital cables overhyped?".

Mike,

Surely its time for "Power Cables. Are they overhyped? Part III"?
I'm disappointed that Tony didn't take the opportunity to rename the thread Power Cables. Are they overhyped? Part II: Electric Boogaloo.

He should have then amended the forum's AUP such that all lengthy debates have to be settled by subjectivists and objectivists making their case through dance.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don`t all you DBT worshipers get together and build us the perfect Cable, Amp or speakers etc then you might be taken a bit more seriously.

Maybe if you didn't resort to childish pejoratives you might be taken a bit more seriously?

So if you remove the lid from an amp which is transformed by said cable, what cable do you find from the IEC inlet to the transformer ? shielded ? mono crystal copper ? - no.

So the cable on the pylon to your house is bog standard ( not even copper), the cable in your wall is bog standard, the cable inside your amp is bog standard.

But you are convinced that some magic cable between your wall socket and your amp is making a difference ?

The only possible difference it could make is by causing interference into your signal cables, assuming you use non shielded phono leads.

As many experts also say you only need balanced shielded signal cables in a studio or if you have long cable runs..

You are wasting you typing time on these fools. I used to excuse them as just being "believers " but I have come to realise over the course of quite a few cable threads that they are just idiots .... thick idiots at that. They talk such utter bollocks and talk it with such conviction that it is scary.

This is a great thread. In drama, without conflict there is no story. This is great entertainment. Love it!

They already did and the results are pretty impressive. Now, why don't all you foo worshippers try and make something by stitching together blind faith? Then we can all have a laugh.

The same technology and approach which enables us to explore mars remotely will do for audio - its good enough for me, at any rate.

Now, why don't all you foo worshippers try and make something by stitching together blind faith? Then we can all have a laugh.

Easy. You just take a bag full of audiophile-grade components, throw them in the air, and let them land in a pile. Then you listen to the result. If it doesn't sound good, you try again...

The same technology and approach which enables us to explore mars remotely will do for audio - its good enough for me, at any rate.

Ah, but that is just engineering, not Art.

I was enjoying the inky-black silence.

But inky -black is a blue black.

With the correct mains cable your inky blacks could be transformed into a true black - black giving the illusion that you are entering a black hole.

Where knowledge of science and all else ends. :eek:

Where's this home made reference mains cable we can try?

...I'm desperate for a quality cuppa!

(Does a quality mains feed negate the need for teabags and milk?)

advertisement

Back