advertisement

Power Cable for NAP250 Bolt Down

Faux

pfm Member
Hi
I seem to be having a problem where my left channel drops out every now and again. The only way to solve it is to turn off SNAPS and pull the power cable from the 250. Generally the channel comes back after. I have changed everything, including cables except the 250 power cable which I haven’t got a spare.
Any thoughts or does anyone know where I can get a new cable.
Thanks

This seems more like a failing component to me rather than a power cable fault?

You unplug it...it cools / resets and works again for a time

This seems more like a failing component to me rather than a power cable fault?

You unplug it...it cools / resets and works again for a time

I thought that, but the same happens when I swapped the amp for another BD 250. It has also had a full service by Naim a few months ago.

I can't see how the power cable for the 250 would cause this. If it was faulty, you'd lose both channels simutaneously.

You say you've changed 'everything' but I don't know if that includes the pre-amp and a different SNAPS. I'd be suspecting those, basically anything that carries the signal path.

If you haven't already done so, I would also swap your speakers round and see if the fault moves to the other side. Just to rule them out. I take it you've tried multiple sources too?

I’ve swapped:
Snaps for HiCap
32.5 for 62
250 for different 250
Sources
Speakers
Speaker cables
The only thing I only have 1 of is the power cable. And when unplugged and plugged back in it brings both channels back. I wondered if the power is split and fed to the amp in 2 Chanels. I can’t find any information on the 3 pin XLR Naim used on these amps and can’t find any for sale.

That’s the one you should check for dry solder joints.
They are easy to open. Aren’t they Lemo though?

advertisement

Back