advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Sleepy Joe comes out swingin'

The boy done well. Loves the zoom in on the shots of the SC judges when he let rip at them :)

She’s where she belongs according to Trumpists - in the kitchen.

It’s almost like it was written before Biden’s address.

The Bulwark remain one of my favourite listen on the electoral politics of all this stuff. Which is kind of weird as most of the people involved were all previously some shade of mainstream / centre right / trad GOP but I like the fact they are not afraid to openly mock these people. And they are very good on the Inside Baseball aspects.

Peter Wehner, a Conservative, is at least honest about Trump:

However, as some of the comments pointed out, he was in the Bush administration when Bush launched his war in Iraq, based on totally manipulated "intelligence". For all his undoubted iniquity, Trump never did anything that monstrous. Yet Bush and Cheney walk free and occupy honoured places in society. Mr. Wehner can truly be said to have participated in the stream of events that have led to Trump. I wonder whether he can see this. Perhaps not; I believe that Cheney still thinks that the Iraq war was justified.

Triple LOLs all round. Amazing recursive idiocy from Trump. He’s just libelled E Jean Carroll again!

Hopefully she’ll absolutely bankrupt him this time. $91million was clearly not enough to shut this moron up.
Underwritten by his mate at Chubb Insurance.

Orban characterises Trump as "a man of peace" - just like his friend Mr. Putin, one imagines. How on earth did we end up with this confluence of utter creeps everywhere?

At the risk of stating the obvious, Orban is basically Trump's model for America is he gets elected again. A sort of strongman, authoritarian illiberal version of democracy.

How on earth did we end up with this confluence of utter creeps everywhere?
Considering the last few thousand years of human history why is this a surprise?

The 20th century was a particular low point for the human race. As a species we just ain't getting any smarter.

At the risk of stating the obvious, Orban is basically Trump's model for America is he gets elected again. A sort of strongman, authoritarian illiberal version of democracy.
Agreed - Trump obviously envies (and desires) the absolute power of Putin and Xi but the Orban model may provide a convenient half-way house. Given that even Mitch McConnell (who reputedly can't stand Trump) has endorsed him (whatever was he thinking?), the Republican Party is no more, just the cult of Trump. Meaning that, if the disease spreads, Constitutional change à la Putin to make him the permanent head is not off the cards. The vaunted checks and balances of the US system may be about to be stress-tested as never before.

Considering the last few thousand years of human history why is this a surprise?

The 20th century was a particular low point for the human race. As a species we just ain't getting any smarter.
I can only wish the next dominant species on the planet better luck.

advertisement

Back