advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

A very good article by a devout Christian who was, pre-Trump, very much part of the Republican establishment - no one better to point out the glaring inconsistencies in US "Christianity":

My state participates in the Super Tuesday primary event, so our primary election day is tomorrow. I'm tempted to ask for a Republican ballot and vote for Haley.

you-are-here-t-shirt-873953.jpg

Is this news?

I'm losing track of all the Trump-related legal action but was this expected to go the way it has?
Should it have gone this way ? No.
Was it expected ? I'm afraid, yes.

The bigger question is whether the SC will grant Trump immunity or delay the decision to prevent the other legal cases from being heard before the election.

The bigger question is whether the SC will grant Trump immunity or delay the decision to prevent the other legal cases from being heard before the election.
It must be noted that the Court acted extremely quickly in quashing the Colorado disqualification attempt. The Supreme's contrasting action in taking the immunity case on a slow schedule is so blatantly partisan that partisan intentions are undeniable, and they can be expected to act further and without restraint on that motivation.

It must be noted that the Court acted extremely quickly in quashing the Colorado disqualification attempt. The Supreme's contrasting action in taking the immunity case on a slow schedule is so blatantly partisan that partisan intentions are undeniable, and they can be expected to act further and without restraint on that motivation.

At what point do we stop calling the USA a "democracy"?

Trump will be the next President of the USA unless Biden dies or ****s off. Yes yes explain why I’m wrong. We can talk again in November.

This was no surprise to anyone who was paying attention to the questions the Justices asked during the sitting. Even Kagan and Sotomayor seemed extremely skeptical.

Eric Swalwell's questions to Hunter Biden during his hearing:

SWALWELL: Any time your father was in government, prior to the Presidency or before, did he ever operate a hotel?
BIDEN: No, he has never operated a hotel.
SWALWELL: So he’s never operated a hotel where foreign nationals spent millions at that hotel while he was in office?
BIDEN: No, he has not.
SWALWELL: Did your father ever employ in the Oval Office any direct family member to also work in the Oval Office?
BIDEN: My father has never employed any direct family members, to my knowledge.
SWALWELL: While your father was President, did anyone in the family receive 41 trademarks from China?
BIDEN: No.
SWALWELL: As President and the leader of the party, has your father ever tried to install as the chairperson of the party a daughter-in-law or anyone else in the family?
BIDEN: No. And I don’t think that anyone in my family would be crazy enough to want to be the chairperson of the DNC.
SWALWELL: Has your father ever in his time as an adult been fined $355 million by any State that he worked in?
BIDEN: No, he has not, thank God.
SWALWELL: Anyone in your family ever strike a multibillion dollar deal with the Saudi Government while your father was in office?
BIDEN: No.
SWALWELL: That’s all I’ve got.

RE: the SC ruling:

The Court has held that it's the task of Congress, not the states, to enforce the insurrection clause of the 14th Amendment. In 2021 the House voted 232–197 charging Donald Trump with incitement of insurrection. The Senate voted 57-43 that he was guilty. What else should they do? (Twitter)

'Moscow Mitch' has some explaining to do.

What I find strange is why does a country with a population of just under 330 million find itself in a position where two old geriatrics are standing for the Presidency. Both are physical wrecks, both seem a bit slow witted and yet we all know that one of them will win the elections.

There must be hundreds, if not thousands of sharp witted younger candidates who would do a better job.

The main problem is not that these two old men are standing, it's that millions of electors are actually turning up at the polls and willingly putting two old wrecks into office.

advertisement

Back