advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Just imagine the weeks of cry-baby hissy-fit Trump will have during the court case. That’s worth $1.6bn of anyone’s money. Especially someone else’s. Bring us the show trial!

Fox's statement had me rolling with laughter,

"We are pleased to have reached a settlement of our dispute with Dominion Voting Systems. We acknowledge the Court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false. This settlement reflects FOX’s continued commitment to the highest journalistic standards."

Sure, and those commitments to high journalistic standards cost you £633.6m

Fox's statement had me rolling with laughter,

"We are pleased to have reached a settlement of our dispute with Dominion Voting Systems. We acknowledge the Court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false. This settlement reflects FOX’s continued commitment to the highest journalistic standards."

Sure, and those commitments to high journalistic standards cost you £633.6m

If Dominion have settled without on air retractions it will be surprising.

$788M, thats a bit of a sting for Fox, but small change for Murdoch.
Such a shame so many other cases from others for defamation are still ongoing, including the one for $2.6B for another voting machine company.

Such a shame so many other cases from others for deformation are still ongoing, including the one for $2.6B for another voting machine company.

I hope they have the courage to go through a court case now it is clear Fox don’t want to fight.

Not surprised they settled, they had to. Murdoch didn't want to take the stand and the entire process would have completely shredded their reputation (yes, I know). I do hope Dominion has stipulated a lengthy on air campaign of putting the record straight.

The thing I don’t understand is why they settled for just half the claim. I’ve no experience of this sort of stuff other than I was knocked off my bike several years ago quite badly and I did end up settling as I’m quite reclusive and would have found the court case hugely stressful. Even so I pushed the other party via my lawyers until I’d got an offer of about 85-90% of the amount, actually far more as I’d already had a ‘without prejudice’ cheque for £3k to pay for the bike. It just wasn’t worth the hassle of appearing in court for what was only a couple of £hundred at that point. In this case they walked away about £600m short and without dragging Murdoch through a level of cross-examination that would hopefully kill the vile fascist creep. Did they think the case was weak? I really don’t get it. Why did they do this?

I guess it came down to either settle or let a jury decide the level of damages. Maybe they calculated that a jury may have come up with a lower figure. Smartmatic are also going after Fox, so hopefully more damage to come.

One of Dominion’s lawyers is reported as saying:

“Money is accountability,” he said. “We got that today from Fox. But we’re not done yet. We’ve got some other people who have some accountability coming for them.”

Does that sound as though personal suits are coming?

One of Dominion’s lawyers is reported as saying:

“Money is accountability,” he said. “We got that today from Fox. But we’re not done yet. We’ve got some other people who have some accountability coming for them.”

Does that sound as though personal suits are coming?

Yes, hopefully starting with Giuliani.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom