advertisement

Poladroid

Paulicus

pfm Member
Beta version but it works ok. Poladroid

4499105837_f9cebf83ef_b.jpg

Cesare, none of it will fit in your RB. It's integral film only, not pack film (although they have acquired an old Polaroid 8x10 machine, so may eventually produce some large format film).

This film is for the SX-70 which is way cool. I remember my uncle had one, and it was covered in light brown leather. Fantastic looking camera IIRC.

Yes, I know what they look like. I didn't realise however how many different models they made. They all take the suitable film, so i'll have an investigate in the local flea markets and see if I can get one at a sensible price...

Building a darkroom, just bought an expensive DSLR and also thinking about an instant film camera. Oh well!

Ah, I just realized that there's an additional d in the title! Need more coffee.

Cesare, that sounds perfectly reasonable to me. :)

Yes, I know what they look like. I didn't realise however how many different models they made. They all take the suitable film, so i'll have an investigate in the local flea markets and see if I can get one at a sensible price...

Building a darkroom, just bought an expensive DSLR and also thinking about an instant film camera. Oh well!

They were going for next to nothing, before the new film became available. The market up at Crystal Palace had one last time I was in there

You should be able to pick up a 600 series point and shoot from a charity shop or car boot sale for a pound or so. I've bought loads that way :)

SX-70s in good condition can go for quite a lot of money, though.

You should be able to pick up a 600 series point and shoot from a charity shop or car boot sale for a pound or so. I've bought loads that way :)

SX-70s in good condition can go for quite a lot of money, though.

When you say I've you've bought loads, does that mean they don't last very long? Fuji Instax any good?

I've had one break on me, but I just can't resist buying bargain basement cameras.

Instax is good fun, and the film is relatively cheap compared to Polaroid, although it doesn't quite have the randomness of old Polaroid film, the results are a bit more predictable.

You do know that you don't need a darkroom for a DLSR ....

Well you see that's the problem - I tend to get myself excited about photography and then do completely incompatible things at the same time. Whilst the darkroom is being built i've got myself interested again in digital photography, and i've also been shooting a fair bit of chrome. See my problem?

advertisement

Back