advertisement

[WTD] Pink Triangle Anniversary armboard

Iain Docherty

pfm Member
I’m looking for a Linn/Jelco cut armboard for my Anniversary so I can experiment a bit with different arms. I’ve asked Arthur K several times and although he’s said they’re still able to be made he’s never managed to actually sell me one. I’d like to stay original rather than get a carbon fibre one from True Point. Can anybody help out?

TIA

Iain.

If the armboards are anything like those on the PT1 they are so simple to make - made my own from 100mm square ally/balsa/carbon fibre sandwich and suitable spacers to get the height - only SME and Rega fit though.

I've found some PT Too/export ones, but I think these are too thick for the annie. SME/ rega cut though anyway.

Got a blank piece of Mdf 102mm square/17mm thick if you fancy drilling the holes.?

If the armboards are anything like those on the PT1 they are so simple to make - made my own from 100mm square ally/balsa/carbon fibre sandwich and suitable spacers to get the height - only SME and Rega fit though.
Thanks… the one I have (Rega cut) is a sandwich one made for me by Funk five years ago. I’d ideally like to get a Linn cut one in the same material so that I know I’m comparing arms not arm boards!

As above the Anni armboards are not as tall as the Export/PT TOO variants. There is also the weight balancing to consider - Truepoint send a collection of adhesive weights so you can match the weight of the original arm/armboard combination.

FWIW I've owned an Anni since 1991, the original armboard was a honeycomb structure which slowly 'sunk' around the bolt holes over the years and looked a bit untidy. The Truepoint carbon variant looks a lot smarter, I can't really comment on sound differences as I had the deck refurbished and a new PSU added at the same time.

I have one made by Funk 5 years ago (Rega cut for my FXR). I presume it's 'proper' Anni sandwich spec; the weights are tiny ball bearings glued to the underside.

Interesting thread - my SME board on my Anni doesn’t have any weights. AFAIK, it was factory supplied, it‘s original. Would that be because the SME arms are heavier maybe and don’t need the weights?

Interesting thread - my SME board on my Anni doesn’t have any weights. AFAIK, it was factory supplied, it‘s original. Would that be because the SME arms are heavier maybe and don’t need the weights?
nor did mine (with SME IV) when I had one. As supplied from factory. I've had other PT's with a lead cube as a weight glued to the bottom though.

advertisement

Back