advertisement

Photo Theme 302 - Lots of colour. Closes midnight 23 July

:) So many cuckoos in my family. I was quite jealous at one point...its so much more interesting as a conversation starter....'hello, I'm John and i'm a barstard'.

I have to say i don't like the idea. 'Good' art is rarely popular art, and the previous winner always took on the job of judging sine it was one man's opinion, and, like me last month, sometimes you just can't get a pic in until later and etc etc .
Still if everyone want's it? W hat about, if it's a populist thing, putting a note into off topic a day or two before closing day encouraging ALL wammers to come and like as many as they like?
At least then it will be genuinely unbiased and might encourage a few more snappers to post?

Just a standard line inserted as a topic in off topic viz:

'Latest photo comp closing. Come and vote please'?
I think we are more disconcerting than the average joe so I don’t think big eyed puppies would get more votes than a sunset.

Pete

I'd prefer 'we are more discerning' to 'we are more disconcerting'

At least, my 'disconcerting' days are done -

mostly ; )

That’s the trouble with being dialectic words have to many letters.
The auto correct on an iPhone is crap.

Pete

I didn't have anything suitable this time, but I can't imagine if I did I'd get excercised over this. It is, after all, a small experimental aberation to the rules of what is a pretty loose 'competition' format.
For the record, I'd prefer the default to be the judgement of the previous winner, but no objection to this other format happening once in a while. Or the idea of trying to draw in the wider PF membership to vote, once in a while, either.

advertisement

Back