advertisement

Phonography

And for ex-military helicopters you won’t find much cheaper than a Gazelle.

I think I recall that there was an engine-change requirement at x (not all that many) number of hours, and engines didn't come cheap.

I thought all the Gazelles had been demobbed by the army, but apparently some 20 odd have been retained. Hard to imagine the type is over 50 years old - that's not all that much removed from when Spitfires were still in service!

I by chance saw the last Lynx flight, it came over us that day a couple of years ago when they did the farewell tour, four of them as I recall. What's the other one - Westland Scout maybe?

The army Lynx farewell tour was this year! Replaced by the Wildcat which isn’t too different to look at.

Yep, Scout. Used to act as gate guard for Wattisham.

The army Lynx farewell tour was this year! Replaced by the Wildcat which isn’t too different to look at.

Yep, Scout. Used to act as gate guard for Wattisham.

Blimey, time is a funny old thing. Bendy.

I saw some of the new ones down in Cornwall, presumably out of Seahawk. Yes, similar.

In London...

30893528767_15bd023f8a_c.jpg

He looks built for the game, Tony. Super photo.

I last saw him play 2 years ago and he’s unrecognisable now. He certainly has the look, his ‘stance’ is quite intimidating, and when he has his gum shield in, he looks like he belongs on that pitch.

His sister is 6ft 1in at just turned 16! Loves swimming for the (same) school, but I’d love to see her try rowing.

Photo taken with iPhone XS, portrait mode, F3.2, a little editing.

advertisement

Back