advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancastrian's ranch really demonstrates the potential of looking in the opposite direction from a beautiful sunset, superb. Hole of Horcum lovely too. Cesare's beach needs horizon attention. Gromit, I thought the wood was a Mark Littlejohn at first, it's gorgeous.

Hot Rod

35545292934_9538613441_b.jpg

Pete - I love RGB. Superb picture (and title)

Here's one that has been inspired by Richard's recent photos of a similar nature :) Taken on a lunchtime walk earlier today with my phone and edited purely in phone using Snapseed

August by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Samsung Galaxy S7

Lefty

Not a birder at all but tempted to get a longer lens now as I found it addictive snapping these fast and low flying gulls. It was like clay pigeon shooting :D Probably not the most taxing of situations as the back ground wasn't too busy most of the time. Even so I was impressed how quickly the camera acquired focus and kept it there for every shot when using C-AF. I guess it came on a long way with subsequent firmware updates.

Click on a pic for a higher res version.

Olympus OM-D E-M1 mk1, 60mm f2.8 macro and PL 25mm f1.4

There's a story for the above one. From Portreath RNLI:

At about 14.40 this afternoon, Falmouth CGOC received a call from the RNLI Lifeguards on Portreath beach saying that there were two youths standing on the end of the pier and dodging the heavy seas that were breaking over it. When Rescue Team arrived in the car park, the two boys (aged 13 and 15), had returned back to about halfway along the pier. Despite the outgoing tide, they then jumped into a passing swell and luckily managed to swim ashore. We met them at the top of the slipway which comes off the beach by the harbour wall and they were given suitable advice as to the dangers of going out on the pier in heavy weather and also jumping into the sea as the tide is ebbing. We returned to station at about 15:10.

We've been NT members for donkeys' years but only today did we make it to Fountains Abbey - should've gone ages ago as it's a fabulous place. Stopped off to meet some friends for the day on our way home to Lincs:

Fountains Abbey by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Olympus Pen F/Oly 45-1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back