advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2010 part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that certainly is an interesting camera. It's inspired me to get my Bessa RF fixed (the rangefinder isn't coupled and I can't get the top of the camera case to fix it).

I'll also keep an eye on Bessa III prices to see what can be found...

Calumet have started selling the Fuji version (GF670) and the price is somewhat lower than the III from Robert White

4639507381_f21bf1ec9f.jpg

Neopan400

That is a very nice picture.

A stitch (using Microsoft ICE) from last nights quick blast up Sheffield Pike and Heron Pike after tea. Nice view over Ullswater from Heron Pike. Bit late and handheld at quite slow speeds.

4639556971_1c860b456a_b.jpg

Some cracking photos on the last few pages!
I like that sunset Mr Cat :)

4644491261_d6732f170b.jpg

Bronica S2A 80mm 2.4 Zenzanon Fujichrome Provia 400x

Thanks, home developed one shot with the Tetenal 3 bath E6 kit. I'm getting a blue/green shift and somewhat pastel tones. I'm rather enjoying it.

Yes like the top one particularly Cesare - shows the clear superiority of Rolleiflex over Hassy I think ;-)

How do you C41 guys get the colour balanced on the scans? Do you just go with the Epson default colour neg settings, or do you do something cleverer? I feel C41 is probably the right thing to do, but, TBH, it just depresses the hell out of me looking at the horrible orange negs. 4x5 just makes it all even worse. OTOH 4x5 E6s look great, and B&W negs don't offend me too much.

Patrick,

I struggled for a year with home C41 development, and had the same problem - not knowing if a weird colour balance was the film, the light, my development, or my scanning. With E6 at least I can remove the last one from this equation.

The right thing to do is to skip C41 and go E6. Of course it's a lot more technical to get a suitable exposure without blowing the highlights, but then you've got per-neg controls over the process with LF so this shouldn't be a hurdle (ha ha ha).

For me getting chromes out of the tank and seeing the colours, and being able to visually check the exposure is a big boost. I've had a fair number of duff frames though, especially when photographing people with darker skin, and really messing up the exposure by a stop and not being able to recover anything decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back