advertisement

Peter Perrett

MVV

pfm Member
Great to see him back with a new album. Voice back too. Ordered the vinyl of 'How The West Was Won'
The only band I would say I was a 'fan' of, bought it all the day it came out starting with 'Lovers Of Today.' Even have 'Woke Up Sticky' on vinyl which must be very rare.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Amazed he's still alive TBH.

Glad he is though.

Always loved the Bass on this

[YOUTUBE]xD-CgICyvTY[/YOUTUBE]

His voice is surprisingly easy to recognise and I only know one or two tracks from way back. Album is Uncut's album of the month.

My copy turned up on Friday too - as you said a nice package_ and good to hear that voice again.

Anyone else gone for the red vinyl, signed, limited job? Very nice it is too. It lives on the turntable at the mo, side two is taking the weight.

Wonderful, thanks for the recommendation.

My pleasure. Just pleased he lived to do it; he is the kind of songwriter that the more you listen the more layers appear. The thing about this guy is just like the rat he chose crack, money and fame were a long way after food. He is the real deal a Dylan fan when Dylan was very unfashionable.

The bloody thing is stuck to the turntable and has been for a week!

Listening to this now on red vinyl - a great album and one of the best mastered albums I've heard in a while.

I have the black vinyl. Superb music and a quality pressing...nice change to get a poly-lined inner sleeve too. Excellent recording marred only by sibilance on a few tracks. Think it's probably due to my cartridge needing renewing as I've recently noticed it on some of my other records where I don't think it was present before. Has anyone else noticed sibilance with this record? If not then it's definitely new cartridge time for me.

Not noticed anything here. Can you give a specific point where you get it and I'll have a listen.

First track side 2 is where it's most noticeable, but it's not difficult to hear in a couple of other tracks. So, taking into account what you say as well, it does look as if my cartridge is the culprit. It's a Hana EH with around 8 - 900 hours on it so has probably reached its sell by date.
Much appreciated if you would have a listen for it though?

advertisement

Back