advertisement

Paul weller

Playing down the road from me this evening! It's raining like hell right now.....excellent.

Sniggers childishly.

It's raining like hell = hoping Weller gets wet!

Loved lots of his stuff in the past. Just think he's a little tuneless and dull these days. All IMHO of course. Right now I am listening to an atonal racket played by the sounds of it on old bin lids!

his 2008 split from his partner of 13 years, the mother of two of his five children; and his falling in love with Hannah Andrews, 28 years his junior, to whom he is now engaged. Mid-life crisis, or true love?

"Splitting up was ****in' hard as well," he sighs. "But at the end of the day I've fallen in love with someone else." He compares the situation to when he resisted his father's advice and split the Jam. "You can't live a lie. You have to follow your heart."

Oh dear, what a d*ck .... and I thought his first 3 solo albums were fantastic.

The part of the interview i liked best was the the bit about rick buckler leaving ''from the jam'' - and the idea that they could 'reform'.

He's following his dick and claims he's following his heart in some type of artistic sense.

Dumping your wife of 13 years and 2 children for a woman less than half your age makes you a shallow dirtbag, not an artist. Lots of 50yr old men would prefer to be poking a hot 23 yr old, but they stick with their families because it is the right thing to do.

In every interview I see with him Weller comes across more and more as someone with an extremely high self-opinion, incapable of serious introspection, which is a shame since lyrics from his first two solo albums were (IMO) particularly appealing because of their introspection.

Maybe I read it wrong ... but that's how the interview seemed to me. An interview with a man who is a legend in his own mind. Still love his earlier work though (Jam, some SC, first few solo albums).

He's following his dick and claims he's following his heart in some type of artistic sense.

Dumping your wife of 13 years and 2 children for a woman less than half your age makes you a shallow dirtbag, not an artist. Lots of 50yr old men would prefer to be poking a hot 23 yr old, but they stick with their families because it is the right thing to do.

In every interview I see with him Weller comes across more and more as someone with an extremely high self-opinion, incapable of serious introspection, which is a shame since lyrics from his first two solo albums were (IMO) particularly appealing because of their introspection.

Maybe I read it wrong ... but that's how the interview seemed to me. An interview with a man who is a legend in his own mind. Still love his earlier work though (Jam, some SC, first few solo albums).

I don't judge artists the way you do, clearly. To me his work is divourced from his personal life, as it is with any other musician,writer,painter etc

I saw the jam a few times back in the day btw, and yes weller is a obnoxious Son of a b - that's why we love him.

advertisement

Back