advertisement

Paul Messenger RIP

I visited Paul at his house in Whitstable a
Not Herne Bay? My friend in Ramsgate took his 552 (I think it was) to experiment with P.M.'s a few years ago and I thought he'd mentioned Hernia Bay. Whatever, my friend found him to be an interesting and informative host. Think he was always into Naim.

Just seen this thread, and I am absolutely gutted to hear the news. He was an absolute giant of audio reviewing but a thoroughly lovely chap with a great, and quite mischievous, sense of humour.

We always ended up catching the same flight back from the Munich Show each year, and it seemed to just naturally turn into an annual meeting, often over a pint and dinner, where we'd discuss Munich and generally put the hi-fi world to rights. He invited me to come down and see him on several occasions, and I will forever regret that I never took him up on this.

RIP Paul - you will be greatly missed.

I recall reading his appreciation of Spencer Hughes, the ex. BBC engineer who started Spendor.
An excellent example of audio journalism, sadly lacking in these times of social media.
RIP Paul.

Sad news, a name from the formative years of my audio adventure. Met him a couple of times at events, the twinkle in his eye suggested that mischievous sense of humour Beobloke alludes to. There was a sense of integrity to his writing. Condolences to his family and friends.

With a very brief chat with Paul during a show, I got the impression he was very supportive and encouraging of others. A brilliant reviewer too, the industry will really miss him.

Andrew

Was just about to throw away a review he wrote of soundkaos speakers in hifi critic ,kept it .it was paul that first reviewed the sibelius speaker i think

advertisement

Back