advertisement

OS X High Sierra

Tony L

Administrator
Anyone installed it yet? I’m just doing a full backup then I’ll fling it onto my MBP. This is the one with the new file system, so hopefully some performance gains to be had...

Think I might wait a couple of weeks see how you all get on first; still v happy with El Capitan here.

In other Apple news, iOS 11.0.1 is out today... am about to see what they've 'fixed' there.

Too late to back out now, its rebooted itself a few time so far and is now saying “about 38 minutes remaining”, which is about the length of the Gary Burton CD I’m playing...

PS I did a full bootable backup to a 2.5” 1TB drive in a caddy, so if it does brick it I should be able to get back, i.e. I can fit the backup drive right in the MBP if need be.

Content to step over the bodies, through the flames and wreckage where braver souls have ventured and try the patched version in a couple of weeks. :)

Full ArsTechnica review here. Looks like my mid-2012 MBP gets most of the fun stuff too which is nice, though I suspect this may be the last time it does.

Its gone on with no issues and has automatically converted my SSD to APFS. At this point it seems a little slower, but I guess it may still be doing stuff in the background. Not noticing a lot of difference in design so far, but I need to read the review above to know where to look! Aperture still works and talks to the iCloud, and that was my main concern to be honest.

I have it on two Mac Minis and also running in a VM under Windows. I did have El Capitan in a VM so I wondered if the Apple store would recognise this as a Mac and perform the update and it did! So far no problems oh except one. For some reason when I use Maps to plan a route it doesn't show the map! I get the pins for start and finish and the route is correctly shown in the left pane but its just two pins on a blank screen. Everything else so far seems OK. Even the BBC Micro emulator works!

I'll have to try this out on one of my Minis.

Cheers,

DV

k90tour,

I'll try it first on my spare MBP and see if Adobe CS6 still works.
That's the crucial thing for me. If the update breaks CS6 I'm staying put.

Joe

It was the huge splash screen when I looked so no need to type anything!

PS Just done the phone to iOS 11.1, doing the iPad now...

k90tour,

That's the crucial thing for me. If the update breaks CS6 I'm staying put.

Joe

Well I haven't deactivated CS6 on this particular 2012 MBP nor have I updated Parallels to version 13 either. I'm hoping both are fine but I appreciate the Parallels will need updating at least.
23 minutes to go. It says.

Been on the Beta version and now just downloading the official release

All backed up to my TM for justincases :D

2012 i& Mac Mini; wondering if this could be one of the last major updates I'll get... :confused:

Keep looking at 27" iMac's to replace it; but to have what I've got (256GB SSD / 1TB HDD as a fusion drive, 16GB RAM etc) it'll be bloody expensive!

advertisement

Back