advertisement

Olive style Naim casing...

Pearcy

Non Ferrous Stainless M@N@ member
I am now the proud owner of an Avondale stage3 NAP250.

However, it's currently in a chrome bumper case, which doesn't match the rest of my kit. - I'm currently trying to track down an olive full width case.

My question is to whether all full width NAP's are the same size, & also whether the internals from a 250 would fit? e.g. could I buy a cheap, possibly knackered 90.3 & use the case?

Is it as simple as drilling a few holes in the base?

Yes all full width full height olive cases are the same physical size, but they don't all have the same holes drilled in the bottom.

The 250 has more holes than any other piece of equipment and most of them are crucial since they create the good thermal link to the heatsink.

hence if you transplant a case from any other kit you'll need to do a lot of drilling.

Also why bother since the actual case metalwork is identical abart from the chrome bumper and olive fascia

You could just as easily turn your existing case round and dril a new set of holes, or send it off to Les to get it re finished in all over black.

You then still need to get the olive fascia, switch and illuminated logo.

My question is to whether all full width NAP's are the same size, & also whether the internals from a 250 would fit? e.g. could I buy a cheap, possibly knackered 90.3 & use the case?

Yes all full width full height olive cases are the same physical size, but they don't all have the same holes drilled in the bottom.

Just be careful that you get a full height case, like colasblue says. A 180/135/250 would do, but not a 90.3 - it's not as tall, being the same height as a cd3/cd3.5 etc.

Carl

advertisement

Back