advertisement

Nytech Audio / Ion Systems Appreciation Thread

qxX1JJ7.jpg

If somebody is interested, I have a pdf available .....

It's nice in wood trim. I have one left that I'm keeping, it has the usual falling-off painted aluminium trim. Build quality was not a strong point at Nytech.

Mine has lost its badge too. However it also has the smoked perspex cover that hinges up to access the controls. It fixes by self adhesive pads!

406v6 said:
According to the home page of their web site it's the May 2013 edition on sale from 30th March.
Bought the magazine at the weekend - only the 2nd time I've bought it since I was a schoolboy who read it in the local library.

4 pages of the magazine with a few pictures, the main product described is the CTA252 throughout its ~10 year life but it also covers the history of the company. Well written and fascinating for anyone interested in the company and evolution of its products.

Looking back I'm remain surprised that this small company which disappeared over 25 years ago still engenders interest from hi-fi fans. It was pretty much a one-product company for much of its life yet managed to shift over 30000 of them over a 10 year period. In comparison there are so many current hi-fi companies (and even UK-based manufacturers) that are barely mentioned in this forum.

The CTA252 was the first succesful product maybe, but to call Nytech a "pretty much a one-product company" is way off. Shame!

The circuit ideas and impementations of Richard Hay were very good - and still are. Future proof, so to say.

Does anyone on here know anything about the Nexus amplifiers?
Specifically the full width Ion Nexus MA600 mono blocks...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I've never heard the MA 600 amp, but I had an Obelisk 300 int-amp, which is similar circuit design to the MA 600. I didn't like it. What I heard it was not designed by Richard Hay, made by a young engineer after the „Hay-era” at Ion, and pretty average concept. Than I traded to a 3X/XPAK, which is much more neutral and musical and swinging.

I've never heard the MA 600 amp, but I had an Obelisk 300 int-amp, which is similar circuit design to the MA 600. I didn't like it. What I heard it was not designed by Richard Hay, made by a young engineer after the „Hay-era” at Ion, and pretty average concept. Than I traded to a 3X/XPAK, which is much more neutral and musical and swinging.

Oh... I have a 3x xpac1 so will see how it sounds compared to that and my NAP250s

Bought the magazine at the weekend - only the 2nd time I've bought it since I was a schoolboy who read it in the local library.

4 pages of the magazine with a few pictures, the main product described is the CTA252 throughout its ~10 year life but it also covers the history of the company. Well written and fascinating for anyone interested in the company and evolution of its products.

Looking back I'm remain surprised that this small company which disappeared over 25 years ago still engenders interest from hi-fi fans. It was pretty much a one-product company for much of its life yet managed to shift over 30000 of them over a 10 year period. In comparison there are so many current hi-fi companies (and even UK-based manufacturers) that are barely mentioned in this forum.

.... :cool:

I will pdf it when I have the article.

Did you, or anyone else get this article? Magazine not available at Sheffield or St Pancras stations last week. Grrrr :(. Would love to read it.

Hi all, have some pics of my ion nexus tux750/ma40 monoblocks. Cant work out how to post pics, read FAQ but didnt help. Help appreciated. Cheers

advertisement

Back