advertisement

NYT “A Moment in Time”

Cliff, my image was not available too!
Your B&W looks very HP5 to my eyes :)

Actually Fuji 400H, but the colour balance was a little odd (too warm and pink), so I thought it looked better in black and white - corrected the colour a bit, desaturated and then used lab colour mode to curve it a bit. At least the ISO 400 grain is original ;-)

Cliff - how long have you had the Nikon RF? How do you like it cf. your Leici?

Hi Dan.

Its not part of my long term plans (yet). A flickr contact had a pristine S3 and a Minty Fuji GF670 up for grabs and I have given them house room pending a decision on whether they are house trained or not.

The S3 is similar to the contemporary MP in that it is a Rangefinder body with changeable lenses. In many respects the MP was and is now many times more advanced:

S3 features / missing bits include: All frame lines visible at all times / no parallax correction; Fast film load (cf Leica); two speed shutter dial with alternate dial settings for flash sync; DOF scale which is not lens dependent

For me, the big difference is in focussing, as the RF on the Leica MP is perfect - youu know where to look because the area has its own illumination. With the S3 the focussing area is not clearly defined, but you get the same two on one visual clues so it is ultimately useable.

Cheers
Cliff

PS I love the look from the 5cm 1:1.4

4576274864_81829d9c56_o.jpg

Hey Cliff - your photo came up first when I opened the page even without searching - and when you look at the globe yours is the the one on the UK "stack"

advertisement

Back