advertisement

Newer Style Linn Classik, Any Good?

pzblues

pfm Member
Hi, does anyone have any experience with the linn classik (newer version 2008ish) i'm considering buying one, have owned a few of the previous model classik and wondered if there was much of a difference apart from the styling

pz

Do you mean the Linn Classik Music or the Movie/DVD version? I have an old style Linn Classik Music and I love it. Mine has the same style case as a Linn LK100 and Kairn. It is the perfect small room system, such as an office or work shop. I actually use mine with my flat screen TV and it works well in a medium size room. My Classik does not have the built in FM tuner or multi-room connection capability.

I have also wondered about the newer style Classiks and wonder how they perform compared to the older versions like mine.

Scott

The newer classik is great, way more flexible than the LK version having digital inputs, they just didn't make it for long unfortunately so there aren't so many about.

Do you mean the Linn Classik Music or the Movie/DVD version? I have an old style Linn Classik Music and I love it. Mine has the same style case as a Linn LK100 and Kairn. It is the perfect small room system, such as an office or work shop. I actually use mine with my flat screen TV and it works well in a medium size room. My Classik does not have the built in FM tuner or multi-room connection capability.

I have also wondered about the newer style Classiks and wonder how they perform compared to the older versions like mine.

Scott

Hi, it is the classik music but it is a later version, not the lk style, sleeker more stylish case, not many reviews so would like to here from somebody who owns one or has previously owned one..

6xPjaoJ.jpg

I have an LK style Classik Music K and the newer version. Sound quality wise, the newer one has a brighter, more detailed sound than the older model.

As has already been mentioned, the newer Classik has digital as well as analogue inputs, but the older one has a clock/timer.

The old Classik is much better to use. It responds more quickly when you press buttons. The new model uses a CD ROM drive as you would find inside a PC, whereas the old one has a proper mechanism. This means that the new one will be easier to service, but also means it can take around 30 seconds between loading a disc and playing music.

advertisement

Back