advertisement

New Porcupine Tree Album - The Incident

I've been playing 'the best album that Pink Floyd never made' an awful lot recently - last night too in fact (The Sky Moves Sideways).
This is going to be great Flatpopely, so I have just ordered the full collectors edition. Ouch! £60! Never mind, eh!

Thanks for the wake-up call.

For anyone not already pre-ordered. Play.com were offering another £2 off the already low price of £8.95 with free delivery, Code is PT2GBP. Worked at the weekend.

Yes very FOABP, not that thats a problem for me.

OT; are you going to Thorneys on the 28th?

That's no bad thing - I would say there are influences melding together from throughout his past output. It sounds as if it will be rather special.

Sadly cannot do Thorneys - I am at my alternative location (as per the avatar)!

Haven't been too keen on some of Steven Wilson's weirder side projects, but anything by Porcupine Tree and No-Man, and SW's latest solo outing 'Insurgentes', are a must for me. Have seen them quite a few times now; a great live experience.

They do understand their audience's willingness to buy stuff though: every release seem to come in a variety of formats, oftern on staggered release. I have been known to buy the initial CD release, followed by the 5:1 release, and a double vinyl release (and they can be issues in 2-3 varieties). As much as I like the vinyl versions, the 5:1 DVD-A mixes are brilliant.

Just got it on vinyl from the PT website. Its 180gm and a very, very good pressing. 'Russia on Ice' is nice!

Lightbulb Sun is a very good album. Consistently good throughout.

My son loves Four Chords. It is not allowed to leave the car!

Thanks to this thread I have found my "new" favourite band.

I have just bought 4 of their previous CDs and ordered The Incident. More will follow. Anyone else like me who, until recently, has yet to hear of Porcupine Tree take the pluge they are magnificent.

Thanks to this thread I have found my "new" favourite band.

I have just bought 4 of their previous CDs and ordered The Incident. More will follow. Anyone else like me who, until recently, has yet to hear of Porcupine Tree take the pluge they are magnificent.

What did you buy?

Well I am listening to Lightbulb Sun as I type, I also bought Fear of a Blank Planet which is immense in sound terms just breathtaking in places, also in absentia and Deadwing. Wish I could get a tcket for the Hammersmith gig but it's sold out.

advertisement

Back