advertisement

New Order Live

I was there in the front row! It was a blinding gg and 89 I believe

...yes it was '89 - still have the ticket stub. I remember the guy next to me said that it was so good it sounded just like the records !

Incidentally if you are a New Order fan - you should pick up this new book :-

http://www.fromheaventoheaven.com/

...I got one of the signed limited numbered first editions which includes a free unused Leicester Palais ticket.

That looks good. Have you read it? If so what's it like?
It's a partnership thing and the rest of the band have engineered to squeeze hookey out of the band, permanently and legally........probably due to him being a pita
Iiuc that's not really the case.
Hooky had to talk about things that NO had agreed would be kept private (see The Hacienda: How Not to Run a Club).
Being open & honest is part of Hooky's treatment for drug/alcohol problems.
Unfortunately the rest of NO couldn't accept this, hence the rift.

That looks good. Have you read it? If so what's it like?

...not read it yet - saving reading it until March (when it's my birthday - a little present to myself). The book is hardback and coffee table size - a really lovely thing with lots of unpublished photos - a real labour of love.

I've seen New Order a fair number of times, varying from The Hacienda in Manchester to clubs in Amsterdam and London.

They are one of my favourite bands, but I don't think I would bother going to see them without Hooky.

I remember meeting him in Glastonbury one night blitzed on E and acid. We walked from the main stage area right up one of the hills and ended up in a small tent, which could fit about 8 people into it.

It was amusing watching him dance to the music coming out of a couple of tiny speakers.

What a great bass player he is.

Jack

Jack

I sincerely hope you going to write a book, & predict it would be a great success. :)

Thanks Threadmans - I've ordered a copy.

I noticed NO (now) have released a CD Live at The London Troxy.
I couldn't resist buying it, so this is proving to be an expensive thread!

:-D But do you realise that is a perfect cover all excuse for exaggerations & errors, plus also provides a fine defence re: potential litigation?

P.S. Forgot to mention on first listen (CD purchase gives instant download, which I heard through basic CA) the Live at The London Troxy sounds lame to my ears.
There's some nice new things in there, but the bass player doesn't get anywhere near filling Hooky's boots.

Didn't go in the end.

The review called the concert "patchy".

Not really any excuse for a band that's been around that long "murdering" their own songs.

...not read it yet - saving reading it until March (when it's my birthday - a little present to myself). The book is hardback and coffee table size - a really lovely thing with lots of unpublished photos - a real labour of love.
My copy arrived yesterday, & it is a truly lovely thing.

Thanks again for the tip. My birthday is in the middle of April, but there's no way I'm waiting until then. :)

advertisement

Back