advertisement

new cartridge

Agreed, Spectre; Lyras are not music genre dependent. At least, the Clavis and successor Helikon weren't on my then Orbe/Five.

I can't really imagine any cart. to be genre biased, but I've only had a dozen or so makes, mostly coils.

Disagree here, I listen to Mahler, ELP, Beatles, Madonna, John Coltrane, Massive Attack and the Delos handles them all with aplomb. Ortofons have a safe sound if thats what you like.

Fair popint. I've owned 4 ortofons and none of them were 'safe' tho all were quite neutral. Nobody calls Lyras 'neutral' tho I note recent models have edged that way.

I have a gorgeous Kiseki with very low hours for sale for around that amount. It was a huge leap up from the 10x5 I had on my Aro before, though I have no idea if it would be a good match for your technoarm.

PS: Not sure if mentioning this here is bad form. Happy to remove if so. Thanks.

The Kiseki is a bargain. I would have bought it had I not just ordered a Purpleheart a few days before jimification's ad appeared. Rip the man's hand off and thank me later :D

A previous response mentions the DV XX11. It really is worth the extra IMO and a big jump from the DV 17d3 which I had.Its also obviously a fantastic match with the P75 on supersetting. I demoed the Lyra delos, Linn Krystal and cadenza blue and still bought the DV. if its within your grasp a no brainer
Dave

How does this compare to the older Ortofon Kontrapunkt line, like the Kontrapunkt A or Kontrapunkt H, in particular?

The Cadenza's are "better Kontrapunkts" with the similar variation across the range by changing stylus. As noted by Rockmeister above.

Useful reviews here...

http://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/vinyl-lp/25-cartridges/86-ortofon-cadenza-blue-a-bronze-mc.html

..and here...

http://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2016/5/13/ortofon-mc-cadenza-red-cartridge

Over the last decade or so I've used several ortofons and a couple of lyras. I basically choose between the Cadenza and Delos almost randomly. I went for the Cadenza Blue - mostly due to a guess at it being a good balance with the rest of the system.

Either cart is very good indeed. There is no bad here.

advertisement

Back