advertisement

New Beatles Song.

For its 50th anniversary, the collections have been expanded: ‘Red’ has 12 additional tracks, including for the first time some of George Harrison’s earliest songs and some classic Beatles versions of R&B and rock ‘n’ roll hits that were so influential on the band. ‘Blue’ has 9 additional tracks including “Blackbird” and “Glass Onion” including the last new Beatles song, “Now And Then” for a total of 21 new additions which are all compiled onto the 3rd disc, effectively creating a ‘new’ LP for each set.

Together the 6LP’s contain 75 tracks, 36 of which have new mixes for 2023. The inserts contains new sleeve notes by journalist and author John Harris. For current fans and future generations alike, the new 1962 – 1966 & 1967 - 1970 collections are a joyous celebration of The Beatles’ timeless musical legacy.

Beatles_Red_Blue_Vinyl_slipcase_sq_0.jpg

Look forward to hearing that. When you think how many lost Jazz masterpieces have been recovered from old tapes it just shows what is languishing in the vaults. Plus it has all four band members on it.

Kind of the way I feel too. If they'd though it was a "hit" it would already be on an album. But interesting as a curio nevertheless.

Indeed, I'll give it a spin. Untouched by the hand of Jeff Lynne to boot. :)

I am not really that excited about a new song.
How many times has the Beatles music we all know and love been remastered, repackaged, re-released, etc. ?
I still have my original ‘Red’ & ‘Blue’ albums from the 1970s and still play and enjoy them.
Having said that, I understand to some degree people’s enthusiasm.

Has anyone an opinion on the track running order LP compared to CD for these 2023 releases?

The CD have the new tracks mixed in to the (original) running order and the LP has the new tracks at the end on a separate LP by the looks of the info on AMAZON.

I have played the original red and blue albums ( I haven't heard any newer releases) so many times over the decades that I am almost programmed into the track order so it would be intriguing to have this disrupted by the new tracks.

definitely had a Beatles sound to it and feels like a love song from Lennon to McCartney, much like McCartney’s “Coming Up” was for Lennon.

It's a Beatles song, certainly not their finest but of historical interest. I've heard it on You Tube, I don't think I will be buying a remastered Blue and Red albums plus the new one.

advertisement

Back