advertisement

NCC200 V1.4/Cap6 GB

Still waiting for Les to confirm that he has the parts in hand.

NCC heatsinks are being anodised as I write, NCC PCBs are to hand, Cap6 PCBs are due anytime and their heatsinks should be along shortly

Hope that helps, Les

NCC heatsinks are being anodised as I write, NCC PCBs are to hand, Cap6 PCBs are due anytime and their heatsinks should be along shortly

Hope that helps, Les

Hi Les

Thanks for the update.:cool:

I’ll be in contact to arrange collection as soon as the parts are in hand. Then it’s just a case of collecting the cash, assembling the orders and posting.

ATB

OK, the stocks of Cap6 PCBs I have are suffering from the effects of storage
in that they exhibit a slight covering on the track surface which may prove
troublesome to solder.

I've taken the opportunity to re-lay the board to accept components which
are easier to obtain and at the same time, ordered thicker copper to cope
with the currents involved and make the track more robust if components
have to be removed and replaced.

The big plus is that I ordered the tracks to be gold plated.

They'll be along shortly.....

Thank you for the update.
I was just getting a little concerned the thread had died, or moved somewhere else or something.
Must try to be more patient !

Regards
Roy.

OK, the stocks of Cap6 PCBs I have are suffering from the effects of storage
in that they exhibit a slight covering on the track surface which may prove
troublesome to solder.

I've taken the opportunity to re-lay the board to accept components which
are easier to obtain and at the same time, ordered thicker copper to cope
with the currents involved and make the track more robust if components
have to be removed and replaced.

The big plus is that I ordered the tracks to be gold plated.

They'll be along shortly.....

Nice
In that case I will take 6 of them if possible Shaun?.

Hi Les

Thanks for the update, as ever you have been and continue to be hugely supportive of PFM and its members.

My concern is that in providing these "upgraded boards", you will be out of pocket.

I expect that if there is a price increase it won't be huge, but Shaun can pass it on to those of us buying.

As a member of this forum, I feel we must avoid the risk of taking advantage of you.

Graham

Hi Les

Thanks for the update, as ever you have been and continue to be hugely supportive of PFM and its members.

My concern is that in providing these "upgraded boards", you will be out of pocket.

I expect that if there is a price increase it won't be huge, but Shaun can pass it on to those of us buying.

As a member of this forum, I feel we must avoid the risk of taking advantage of you.

Graham

Thanks for the interest guys, as Les has stated we have made the boards with thicker copper this time around, also ENIG plating, they are slightly larger at 92 x 165mm. I have also added extra bypass cap places of 1uF Wima and 220pf polystyrenes. My supplier is on the case and I am hoping they will be available for you all within the next fortnight.

kindest regards

Ben

The boards have been completed and are on their way now, they should be here in the next few days. I'll take them along to Avondale once they arrive for our inspection.

Hi Mr Mork

Great news.:)

I’ll contact Les next week and if all is well I’ll make a start on collecting the cash.

I’ve spent some time taking my Voyagers on a short trip to their new larger home.

They just sound superb and even better with a little more breathing space.

Looking forward to sharing that sound.:cool:

ATB

Shaun

PCBs arrived this afternoon and I'm just in the process
of building a couple for proving. They look very robust
with their thick substrate I have to say and the terminal
blades simply ease into their locations with a light push.

More soon...

PCBs arrived this afternoon and I'm just in the process
of building a couple for proving. They look very robust
with their thick substrate I have to say and the terminal
blades simply ease into their locations with a light push.

More soon...

Hi Les

Great news.

Let me know when you are happy with the boards and I’ll start collecting the cash. Then once that part is finished I’ll be in touch to arrange collection.

My system move to the new workshop/Listening room is now complete.

It’s amazed me how much the sound has improved still further now that the Voyager clones and PMC have some breathing space.

It’s sounding superb.

I’ll post some pictures on my build thread once we have this part wrapped up.

ATB

It’s amazed me how much the sound has improved still further now that the Voyager clones and PMC have some breathing space.

Now come on Shaun, you're not trying to convince us the amps sound better with more space around them? ;)

Now come on Shaun, you're not trying to convince us the amps sound better with more space around them? ;)

Depends on the context.:)

Going from a broom cupboard to a real sized room has made some difference to the sound.

But in my experience that’s to be expected.

Reflections, comb filtering effects and so forth are well known acoustical phenomenon or they were when I studied Acoustics.

But maybe that’s changed as things do seem to move one quickly.:cool:

Building construction materials also play their part. I’ve gone from a small stone walled room to a large ish timber (oak) frame (heavily insulated) building. I also used super thick underlay (cloud 9) to provide a little damping and will look at some fine tuning as I go.

So the challenge.:D

Set your system up in your bath room and then go back to your usual listening place and let me know if you hear any difference.

I think that the shift to a more optimal LS placement and listening position made a huge difference to me.

Or are you saying that the factors I’ve mentioned make no difference?

To my ears moving the set up to a dedicated environment where domestic harmony is secondary has made a huge difference and allowed my system to really show what it can do.

And the sound is even better.

But

Maybe it’s just expectation bias.;)

let me know how it goes in the bathroom:D

Hi folks,

Sorry to be a pain here and I don't mean any offence, - but how much longer are we expected to have to wait before we get our boards ?
Its been months now since this thread started.
Is it just me being impatient - or does anyone else think its taking too long ?
Come on guy's - Digitum Extractum :(

Kind Regards
Roy.

advertisement

Back